Fake IHL gets fake Turner Cup

Sodboy13

At least it's not the real trophy, but still, the name and tradition is going to get pissed on by this league, which has no business being around in the first place.

IHL MAKES A SAVE ON TURNER CUP NAME

ROCHESTER, MI--- The International Hockey League (IHL) Board of Governors voted today, September 24, 2007, to approve the use of the Turner Cup and the Huber Trophy names for the upcoming season. New trophies will be made to replace the awards that were used during the old IHL. The old awards can be seen on display at their home in the Hockey Hall of Fame.

This will be the fourth time in IHL history that the Turner Cup has been rebuilt using the same name. With over a half century of operation, the Turner Cup will remain the prestigious award that the championship team will raise at center ice. Solidifying the name of the Turner Cup is the IHL?s way of honoring Joe Turner and the rich tradition of the old IHL. The Turner Cup has been the definitive award for the International Hockey League for 56 seasons.

The regular season champion will retain the Huber Trophy. The trophy is named in honor of Fred A. Huber, Jr., one of the founding members of the International Hockey League in 1945.

The combination of the old and new league will leave open the possibility of naming other awards after people who have made a significant impact in the International Hockey League, past and present. The names of these awards will be determined and released at a later date.

The quest for the Turner Cup and Huber Trophy begins on October 19th when the Port Huron Icehawks face off against the Flint Generals at 7:30 p.m.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

This is a disgrace...in multiple ways.

Let the Turner Cup rest in peace.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Ya have to be kidding me?? geez... stupid fake IHL..blah...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Archived