ALCS & NLCS Preview

NJTank

Tank, I think you nailed it for the ALCS...

Didn't follow the NL too much...

but looks like either team, D-Backs or Rockies,

would be a good opponent for the Sox in the Series...

When Bobby Orr was asked why he always wore a cup

but not a helmet,he replied:"I can always get

someone else to do my thinking for me!"

I'm pulling for the Indians and the Rockies.

The Indians because I grew up in between Pittsburgh and Cleveland, so it's a bit of a homer thing.

The Rockies because the Diamondbacks have already been there, and because if the Indians lose to the Rox in the series, they'll have dropped a World Series to both of the 1993 expansion teams.

nav-logo.png

I hope you're wrong about the ALCS but if push came to shove I'd have to agree with you. I think the long layoff hurts the Rockies.

What I am hoping for is Rockies-Indians.

What I think we'll see is Red Sox-Diamondbacks.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

I came across some information today that kind of surprised me (just a little), but it's something that perhaps is a problem within MLB: just as the Super Bowl has crept from early January (SB XI was played on January 9, for instance) to February, baseball's playoffs have crept further and further into the fall with little or no reason for it other than to satisfy television.

For example, on October 11, 1969 (my first birthday), the Mets and Orioles were playing a World Series game. Flash forward 38 years, and we haven't even started the LCS yet.

While it bugs me moreso in football than baseball, this is still a trend that I personally think they'd be better served to reverse. At the rate they're going, in another 25 years we might be seeing the Super Bowl go head-to-head with baseball's opening day, or a World Series game going up against the NFL playoffs. :)

nav-logo.png

I came across some information today that kind of surprised me (just a little), but it's something that perhaps is a problem within MLB: just as the Super Bowl has crept from early January (SB XI was played on January 9, for instance) to February, baseball's playoffs have crept further and further into the fall with little or no reason for it other than to satisfy television.

For example, on October 11, 1969 (my first birthday), the Mets and Orioles were playing a World Series game. Flash forward 38 years, and we haven't even started the LCS yet.

While it bugs me moreso in football than baseball, this is still a trend that I personally think they'd be better served to reverse. At the rate they're going, in another 25 years we might be seeing the Super Bowl go head-to-head with baseball's opening day, or a World Series game going up against the NFL playoffs. :)

Old LCS used to be only five games long, and there was no divisional playoff round. That's the bigger reason for the creep, although as long as baseball is played outdoors in Northern cities, I don't see much future creeping in either direction.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Flash back to 1957 yesterday was the anniversary of Game 7 of the 57 World Series.

Monday's Indians-Yankees game was the anniversary of Don Larsen's perfect game.

The records are all :censored:-ed thanks to steroids anyway so they may as well go back to a 154 game season and spare us a World Series game being played in 30 degree weather.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Archived