New High School Helmet Concept

mohelmets

Hi all,

It's not very often I post anything with visuals in it, but I wanted to share this with everyone and get opinions....

I was asked to do this for my helmet site, but may consider submitting it to the school as well...

This is a concept helmet for a new school in Missouri that will begin playing football in 2008....The Staley HS Falcons of Kansas City (possibly North Kansas City, since that's the school district they are in)....The school colors are dark green, black and silver...I visited the school website and they had a falcon head logo on it, so all I did was trace the logo and added a silver outline...I figured that since the logo on their site was mainly green with black outline, that a black helmet would be best...I thought that a dark green helmet would dilute the logo...I haven't tried a silver helmet yet to see what that would look like...The stripes are supposed to be Ravens/Titan's style...I went with a green facemask to try and even out the green and black on the helmet...As you can see, I did both a traditional and Revolution style helmet...

I think I'm going to try a set of uniforms next week...I can't leave this helmet hanging by itself...I like it too much...

Let me know what you think...

Thanks,

Mike

StaleyConcept2.jpgStaleyRevConcept2.jpg

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

I do agree about the beak, make it a darker silver or something, but if it's the School's logo then they may not want to change it, but whatever.

As for the helmet, it looks great! I wouldn't mind seeing a silver or even white helmet, but I think black would be the best. Can't wait to see the uniforms.

Which class will they be in? I'm guessing 1A or 2A. I'm just glad my old team Hickman beat Rock Bridge tonight, 23-0!

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

kewp80...

It appears, from what I've heard, that they will be Class 4...They are in the NKC school district, which also includes Oak Park and NKC...I've read that they will be getting students from both of those schools...I'm not sure what other schools are in that district, but I've read that with the addition of Staley, Oak Park and possibly NKC will drop a class, at least for football...I guess I'll find out more once realignment time comes in February...

I guess there's gonna be a few other new schools or schools starting varsity football this next cycle as well...Not sure who all they are yet, but....Also going to have a few conference realignments as well as districts...The MRVC is apparently breaking up into two divisions...Who knows what's going to happen with the KC area Suburban conferences, but I know there will be changes with those as well....

Whatever happens, it's going to be a nightmare making all the changes to my helmet site....

oh, btw....somebody asked me to come up with a Hickman concept helmet using the actual Kewpie logo...I'll have to post that or send it to you when I get it done...I'm gonna try to vectorize the logo, so I can do something similar to the helmets above...

Congrats to your Kewpies on beating the Bruins....Next week starts the real deal....Districts...Good luck...

Mike

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

kewp80...

It appears, from what I've heard, that they will be Class 4...They are in the NKC school district, which also includes Oak Park and NKC...I've read that they will be getting students from both of those schools...I'm not sure what other schools are in that district, but I've read that with the addition of Staley, Oak Park and possibly NKC will drop a class, at least for football...I guess I'll find out more once realignment time comes in February...

I guess there's gonna be a few other new schools or schools starting varsity football this next cycle as well...Not sure who all they are yet, but....Also going to have a few conference realignments as well as districts...The MRVC is apparently breaking up into two divisions...Who knows what's going to happen with the KC area Suburban conferences, but I know there will be changes with those as well....

Whatever happens, it's going to be a nightmare making all the changes to my helmet site....

oh, btw....somebody asked me to come up with a Hickman concept helmet using the actual Kewpie logo...I'll have to post that or send it to you when I get it done...I'm gonna try to vectorize the logo, so I can do something similar to the helmets above...

Congrats to your Kewpies on beating the Bruins....Next week starts the real deal....Districts...Good luck...

Mike

I can't imagine how a helmet with the kewpie would look, I'm guessing not too good, but we'll see.

It's gonna be weird next year as well when two teams from a district make it to the playoffs, I think it starts next year. All I know is not very many coaches where too happy about the changes.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I'm liking set two. I'm a fan of the green pants. But I agree, the line through the numbers are little much. They remind me of the old Toronto Blue Jays jersey numbers. Maybe try and different type style or the basic athletic block type.

Otherwise everything else looks good. Keep up the nice work Mike!

Archived