Birmingham Barons' new logo and unis

Blackjack76

I'm a fan of the new logo, but it's a bit puzzling considering the renovations they did to the Hoover Met/Regions Park recently.

They pretty much stripped the stadium of all the red and replaced it all with blue, kind of hinting at making a move to adding blue to the color scheme. The Barons were kind of promoting this, as much of their promotional merchandise, etc...had new blue elements in it.

I don't have a problem with this particular logo since (correct me if I'm wrong) "Barons" is a reference to German fighter pilots in WWI and folks of German descent tend to be fair-skinned.

Okay, I'll bite.

You're wrong. The original name was "Birmingham Coal Barons" until it was shortened in 1886.

Although 19th century captains of industry tended to be pretty fair-skinned as well. :P

Its extremely wise to be conscious of things like this, as its extremely tacky when something is noticeably all white these days. We are a cauldron of different people here, and there is not a thing wrong with representing this.

However, this cauldron does have white in it, a lot actually. People shouldn't be ashamed of this part.

Its seems the more tolerant we become of minorities, which is so beautiful; the less tolerant we get of the majority, which is so unfortunate. We shouldn't have finite levels of understanding for each other, we don't need to shift tolerance around, we just need to increase it for all.

/stevie wonder

Archived