flag football concept

Vicious

i have a flag football team starting in december. our team is Michigan Football Themed. our name is "The Victors Valiant". we take the numbers of michigan greats that play/played our position. ol/dl, lb/db/wr. i was going to do something with a double V but that was too obvious, so since its michigan themed, i thought that i should use the michigan block M. im actually going to get these made.

i think we are gonna wear yellow (maize) shorts.

cnc

thevictorsvaliantcopycopy.jpg

Picture21.png

I dont see a point in the M... just have a V, or put M somewhere in your teams name. Because the m is just out of nowhere basically, other than having the same colors as michigan.

well, we are michigan themed....the V would be kinda plain. i think the M makes perfect sense.

Picture21.png

I dont see a point in the M... just have a V, or put M somewhere in your teams name. Because the m is just out of nowhere basically, other than having the same colors as michigan.

well, we are michigan themed....the V would be kinda plain. i think the M makes perfect sense.

Then put "Michigan" in your name. Looking at this, my first thought was that it would be a great shirt for a flag team from my neighborhood (Mount Vernon). But if your team name has two words, and both start with the letter V, then putting an M and a V on your chest is pretty ridiculous. If you want to be "Michigan themed," then how about using a V in the style of the Michigan M, with big block serifs at top and bottom? Or, as previously mentioned, including the word "Michigan" in your name. Between the two options, this just seems like a poor compromise, the kind of thing that only makes perfect sense to you because you made it up, and unlike the rest of us, you really can read your own mind and follow your own thought processes. Those of us who cannot read your mind, which is to say every other human on the planet, will most likely have no idea why a team with the initials VV has a Michigan-ripoff M on their chest. To people who cannot read your mind, this aspect of the shirt will most likely seem either lame or half-arsed. Surely, that's not the effect you're going for?

If you can step back, perhaps you can see the circularity here. Why does it have an M? Because it's Michigan themed. What makes it Michigan themed? Because it has an M. OK, so why does it have an M? Because it's Michigan themed. Right, so how is it Michigan themed? Because it has an M. Et cetera ad infinitum.

But that critique sufficiently made, this is a very strong, clean design. Good numbers, too: simple, straightforward, does the job nicely and complements the look and style of the front.

20082614447.png

Archived