Congrats to Fred Taylor

Island_Style

You can say what you want about Fred Taylor and the Jags but 10,000 career yards with one team in something to be proud of. Congrats to him and the effort he put forth for this Jacksonville franchise. The man never made a pro bowl, the most underrated back ever!

You can say what you want about Fred Taylor and the Jags but 10,000 career yards with one team in something to be proud of. Congrats to him and the effort he put forth for this Jacksonville franchise. The man never made a pro bowl, the most underrated back ever!

I've always felt that if it wasn't for injuries earlier in his career, he'd be mentioned among the elite. Very underrated, in my opinion.

IUe6Hvh.png

Sorry. Not underrated. Not overrated. Just a serviceable back who managed to stay healthy long enough to accrue 10,000 yards. Like Ottis Anderson.

10,000 yards isn't what it once was, either. When I was growing up only one (and later two) players had achieved the mark: Jim Brown, and later O.J. "Slice" Simpson. Taylor's membership increases the size of the club to 21.

With 16 game regular seasons, I'd say 15,000 career yards is now the better barometer of an 'elite' RB.

nav-logo.png

Archived