Marino steps down in miami

CrookedThumb

No it ended up being a figure head position and when Marino went to the Senior Bowl they basically told him he need not be there and he felt it was not right so he quit. He wanted to actually work for his money and he said he had too much respect for the game to just be a figure head.

I find thsi very disappointing the team oughta show teh best QB ever more respect.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

No it ended up being a figure head position and when Marino went to the Senior Bowl they basically told him he need not be there and he felt it was not right so he quit. He wanted to actually work for his money and he said he had too much respect for the game to just be a figure head.

I find thsi very disappointing the team oughta show teh best QB ever more respect.

Where'd you find all this out.

At the Jan. 12 news conference announcing Marino's hiring, Huizenga seemed angered by a question about the perception Marino's hiring would be little more than a cosmetic move.

"Here's a guy who's on CBS and HBO and making four jillion dollars a year to work there," Huizenga said. "He's not going to quit a job like that to come here for somebody to say it's just a figurehead job. This is serious business here."

Right WAYNE, nobody buys your B.S.! I hope you don't run the dolphins like you ran the Marlins into the ground. Oh wait, i meant i hope you do run them into the ground. I've never liked the 'Fins. Screw the 1972 Dolphins and their champagne.  :D

wait...when did the dolphins hire joe montana?   :P

The 1972 Dolphins rule and I look forward each year to the poping of the champaigne corks it is there legacy and they deserved to be clebrated as teh greatest team ever. Since theya re the only ones ever to go undefeated and they oonly ones who ever will.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

The 1972 Dolphins rule and I look forward each year to the poping of the champaigne corks it is there legacy and they deserved to be clebrated as teh greatest team ever. Since theya re the only ones ever to go undefeated and they oonly ones who ever will.

'72 Dolphins this, '72 Dolphins that.....blah blah blah......what about the FIRST undefeated team, mr. e-cyclopedia, the 1929 Packers.

There were no playoffs and less games in 1929 it does not count.

In fact back then there were not set scheduldes you cna play any one you wanted.

AAFC was not a legit league.

The Dolphins are the only ones who matter and they are the best team all time keep in mind they played most of the season with a backup QB too.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

There were no playoffs and less games in 1929 it does not count.

In fact back then there were not set scheduldes you cna play any one you wanted.

AAFC was not a legit league.

The Dolphins are the only ones who matter and they are the best team all time keep in mind they played most of the season with a backup QB too.

doesn't count according to whom? you? the football police? the nfl?

i'm sure it counts to the packers, the fans of the packers, the city of green bay, wisconsin, etc.....

AAFC was not a legit league.....was it run by villains and scoundrels? what's your definition of legit?

and as much as i hate the team, i would take the 1980's 49ers over the 1972 dolphins any day of the week....hell, i'd take the 1985 bears over them too.

"tssshht- This is the Football Police. We have you surrounded. Drop your arguement about the 72 Dolphins and come out with your hands up. We have a nice, soft place for you to lie down. -tssshht"

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

The AAFC was nothing but minor league teams which teh Browns dominated for 4 years before getting into the NFL.

The NFl modern era began in 1933, going unbeaten in 1929 was a nice accomplishment but the league was struggle all the way back then and was not completly organized as it is today teams were coming in and dropping out every year.

The Dolphins won all 17 games they played in 1972 nobody else did it or will do it agian  there for taht is the best team ever!

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Archived