Field turf in pbs

mac

I wish I could have seen Metropolitan Stadium  :(

I look at NFL Films and it looked like a great place for ture football unlike the sterile and boring Metrodome.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I read somewhere online that Gillette Stadium may have FieldTurf next year. I am not a fan of it, but if you have to use artifical grass, that would be the one. It's so you can't even tell what fields have grass and which ones have turf.

The bottom line? MONEY. Many of the stadiums putting in the fake turf are for more than just football. Gillette is used by the NE Revolution and other exhibition soccer games.

To replace the grass every time the Patriots chew it up costs a lot of money. The turf was replaced just before the AFC Championship by orders of the NFL, not the Patriots. The NFL wants teams to play on the best surface possible at game time. The poor turf probably saved Tom Brady from a bad knee injury. During the Bills game he got hit hard from Lawyer Milloy. It looked like his leg buckled and bent wrong from the hit, but it went doen into a divot, preventing a possible break.

It seems many college stadiums are used by football, soccer, lacrosse, field hockey, etc...turf costs less in the long run to maintain. Boston College is moving to the FieldTurf next year too. Injuries should go down hopefully.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I meant flavour as in different areas to play.  Most stadiums are outdoor and grass, and I'm more of a finesse fan then a smash-mouth guy.  I love football in the snow, and football in the rain, but I love dome football equally.  Faster, more pass heavy.

Plus, domes sterile?  I went to a couple of Devil Rays game in St. Petersburg, and two of the times, it was pretty calm.  But, in the Yankees game, it was amazing.  VERY loud and exciting.  A dome is still a great place to watch a game.

I know I'm in the EXTREME minority, but I love domes. I think they add flavour, it wouldn't be as fun having every field alike. Some with baseball diamonds, some indoor artificial, outdoor artificial (My favourite) and outdoor grass. It adds flavour, definatly.

Exactly. I even like that the Rams have AstroTurf, not field turf. I also don't mind the Bengals switching.

JQK, why should Giants Stadium have field turf but no other outdoor stadium? You probably have a good reason, but I'm ignorant to it. Maybe because they have to switch up endzones or something? Or probably cuz it get twice as much play huh...that makes sense.

Because Giants Stadium is always active, it doesn't get a week off or two weeks off to recoup the grass growth or help repair the field, every week there is a football game, then there's the Princeton Ski Show, concerts in the late Summer-Early fall, the Metrostars, the High School Championships, the stadium is always, always active, so if there was a case for an outdoor stadium needed to use fieldturf, Giants Stadium fits it, but only Giants Stadium, since i don't know of any other stadium housing two NFL teams...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I wish Giants Stadium could have grass but with 2 teams it is impossible.

However Grass and outdoors is always the best way to go, no matter what.

If I had a one wish  for the NFL it's taht all games are ouside on real grass.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

All I was saying is that as a Cincinnati Bengal fan I am used to and feel comfortable watching the Bengals on artificial turf, and the reason I am excited is that I just think the field will help the team to keep on improving.By the way watch out for the Bengals in 2004

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

Archived