Looking for a pair of hockey song downloads

spyboy1

In an effort to put together a CD of hockey related songs I've not been able to find two that I'd really like to add to what I was able to get on iTunes.

The first one is "Dale Hawerchuk" by the French Canadian band les Dales Hawerchuk. I can't post a link to youtube from here at work so I can't give you the subtitled version in English, but here's the video from google.

The second song I really must have or this won't be complete is "The Hockey Song" (aka "The Good Old Hockey Game") by Stompin' Tom Connors (or Conners). I really cannot believe that this hasn't been made part of some compilation yet and found it's way onto iTunes.

If anyone knows where I could (legally) download those songs please post it, otherwise, enjoy the video.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

So, after some digging, I was able to find a video of "Dale Hawerchuk" by the French Canadian band les Dales Hawerchuk that was downloadable.

Now the question is...

Can I convert a quick time or wmv movie file into an mp3 audio file?

I know I should just google that first, but perhaps someone knows yes or no if it's even possible.

HansonsSig.jpg

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

So, after some digging, I was able to find a video of "Dale Hawerchuk" by the French Canadian band les Dales Hawerchuk that was downloadable.

Now the question is...

I know I should just google that first, but perhaps someone knows yes or no if it's even possible.

There are some programs that allow you to save the audio track of a video file as an MP3 file -- I can't think of them off the top of my head but I've done it before, so it's definitely possible.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Now the question is...

There are some programs that allow you to save the audio track of a video file as an MP3 file -- I can't think of them off the top of my head but I've done it before, so it's definitely possible.

Got it!

http://www.ecamm.com/mac/free/

Works like a charm, and on a Mac too. Life is good.

HansonsSig.jpg

Archived