Indians to wear all red for tbtc game

Burning River

capt.cdb11006120324.reds_indians_cdb110.jpg

Why does Majestic make these things with SUCH BIG V-Necks?! Those things look absurd! Do they not have any photos from the 70s to actually look at? Also, the white stripe in the Reds neck is supposed to be a pinstripe, but they always make them with this big wide white stripe. And of course, these things are always about two sizes too big on every player.

I really like the idea of throwback nights, but rarely do they ever get it right, which means I spend more time griping about what they did wrong than actually enjoying the throwbacks.

About the black helmet thing, I agree completely, as well. Authentic Rawlings helmets can be had by the public for under $40 each, and I'm sure MLB could swing a better deal. Besides they'd get their money back and more on ebay. The least the Reds could've done' would've been to pack their home red helmets to wear, and brought a RED UNDERSHIRT for each player. How much storage space could that have taken up? The black helmets, the black undershirts, the baggy look, the oversized V-necks, and the George Hendrick pajamas look made for a ridiculous-looking night.

Thumbs Way Down

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My understanding from listening to the Indians post-game show (yes I'm in Atlanta but AM radio is a wonderful thing) is that all of the jerseys were EXTREMELY large compared to normal. I guess Eric Wedge commented that it ended "somewhere around the knees".

I like it on a limited basis, so long as they can get the jerseys to fit!

Archived