Indians to wear all red for tbtc game

Burning River

Hey I like single colour unis in ffotball--depending on the team--some colours work--depending on the stripe & trim pattern & colours--and the helmet colour...

As for baseball I understand the traditional feelings of most fans--it seems unis like the bllod clot are based more on what we're used to seeing--thus basketball has the jersey & shorts normally match--but hockey doesn't have to--it's just white shorts that look weird.

If we grew up somewhere that had baseball in bright colours--we'd probably think that's normal...

While I don't mind the traditional baseball look, I think there is room for the non traditional here & there--whether that be atbtc or tatc one game thing--or even a few teams having non traditional unis--most would still have the trditional ones...

I would feel stronger about this in hockey where the Canucks "V" uniforms were ugly--but I think what bothered me most is they put the logog on the shoulders--and used stripes on the sleeves--When they moved the logo in front, while still ugly--it was much better.

Yet when the Argos and some of the US based teams put logos on the bottom front of their jerseys in the 1990's CFL--it looked weird, but okay...

So for one game--big deal...

I think baseball could use a little shake up that way...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<font color='#000000'>they really need to stop doing the TBTC promotions

if theyre gonna do them, have 1967 as the latest year they can turn back to...please!</font>

Then the Marlins wouldn't be able to turn back to their 1950's minor league team!

C.C. Sabathia looks like a big fat stick of Big Red. It's actually not as bad as it could be, as the hats, undershirts and socks are solid "navy" (I still think it's more purple than navy)

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

A major percentage of the players out there tonight looked like they were paying tribute to George Hendrick than the 1970's uni's.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Is it too much to ask of the Reds to actually wear red helmets? I'm sure they would have to get extra helmets to do this, but the players look dumb in the retro double knits that have no black on them with all black helmets. Besides, they shouldn't have the black anyway.

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

Man somebody beat me to posting the pix - Anyway, here's one more.

I could not find one showing the front of the jerseys.

indians_red_unis.jpg

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Um, excuse me for a second, but those throwbacks the Tribe wore did B, B and S!

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

ok this call for:

toilet.gif:puke:faintthud.gif

I cant top this

That is easily one of the ugliest unis ever among all sports not just baseball. Boog Powell who played for teh Indains when they wore them said he looked like a Giant Blood Clot with them on

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Man somebody beat me to posting the pix - Anyway, here's one more.

I could not find one showing the front of the jerseys.

indians_red_unis.jpg

You're not missing much. The Indians script was in an early-Roman-type font (imagine the Caesar's Palace logo and you're not far off).

Oh, BTW:

:puke:

Some things are better off left in the ashbin of history. The Indians proved it once again.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Archived