Indians to wear all red for tbtc game

Burning River

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow that is goona be harmful to the eyes

This is what it looked like in the 70s Boog Powell siad he felt like a human blood clot when he was with the Indains and wearing them in 1975.

FrobiCle.jpg

More Cleveland Indians Pictures

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Boog Powell siad he felt like a human blood clot when he was with the Indains and wearing them in 1975.

Why is it so wrong for baseball players to look like this, but perfectly fine for the Red Wings to do it. I think most would also agree that it would be very wrong for the Kansas City Chiefs or maybe the Redskins to do it. I am not trying to defend it. Just pointing out a weird double standard.

Well for basketball, we'd think it stupid if the shorts and the jersey wern't for the most part the same color.

Hockey, I don't really know how to explain it, but it just seems right.

But in Baseball and Football, whole color uniforms are an eyesore. Unless you're the Cedar Rapids Red Storm, then you look stunning.  :D

sig09.jpg

I am sure this is just a marketing ploy..with Mitchell & Ness selling the 75 Frank Robinson Jersey...and they are really popular..this will give them a chance to sell some C.C. Sabathia jerseys with the Red.  I really liked the navy blue version of this jersey with the white pants, but hey..I also liked the light Blue Cards jerseys of 82.

Like CC said, it's only for one game. The guy I really feel sorry for is Boog Powell. He goes to Cleveland to become a "blood clot" after being "a giant pumpkin" with the Orioles in the 1971 orange jerseys.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

Well for basketball, we'd think it stupid if the shorts and the jersey wern't for the most part the same color.

I think the Memphis Tams of the ABA proved that very well. Gold tops and white shorts.

I think every team ought to have a TBTC night at least once a year, using different years each year...perhaps a 5 or 10 year rotation. For instance the Pads wore 1969 unis for a game last year and they're wearing 1984 unis once this year. I like that idea.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

• 4 months later...

Just bumping this back to the top, since the game is tonight (Friday). This will be the first time the Reds have worn the road grey version of their Big Red Machine uniforms since 1987. In 1988 they added white borders to the letters and numbers, as well as an additional red stripe to the sleeves and striping down the pants legs. They abandoned this design completely in 1993, of course.

Their previous TBTC games have either been in the home whites or pre-1970s versions of road uniforms.

I can't wait to see both these teams on the field.

Couldn't they do the Cleveland Buckeyes vs. Cincinnati Clowns? No, wait, Marge Schott wouldn't approve of it.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Archived