George Mitchell Report

OB33

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also, everything mentioned with McGwire is about Andro or about his court appearance and his rejection of an interview or written letter request.

Well then, clearly he didn't do anything of an illegal performance-enhancing nature.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Also, everything mentioned with McGwire is about Andro or about his court appearance and his rejection of an interview or written letter request.

Well then, clearly he didn't do anything of an illegal performance-enhancing nature.

I didn't say that.

I simply noted something that seems interesting.

Now, my take always has been that there's only proof of him taking LEGAL performance enhancing drugs, but I wasn't implying that with my previous statement.

Well, now I'm guessing that Justice may or may not have done it (apparently he purchased some), but he did have this to say, which I found highly interesting...

Justice said that the Commissioner?s Office and the major league clubs did

nothing during his career to discourage players from using steroids. He said that during his

career he was never in a meeting where the players were told ?you can?t take steroids? and that

?in my fourteen years there was never a mention of steroids? in any presentation given by any

club, the Commissioner?s Office, or the Players Association. Justice said that he had never been

warned of the side effects or consequences of steroid use and had never been told that steroids

were a banned substance.

If this is true, baseball must've seriously turned a blind eye to this while it was going on.

Sammy Sosa's name is also only mentioned when the letter that was sent out and not responded to is brought up.

As has been said, this isn't confirmation that these guys didn't take anything.

But where's the standard here?

If you're implicated in the report, you're guilty, but even if you're not and you've been heavily suspected by nobody in particular then you're still guilty?

Whew! Only one current Tiger in the report, and it's the guy we all knew it would be.

I thought it would have been Maggs. No one's hair is that naturally greasy.

:wacko:

It's a sigh of relief that Maggs isn't in there.

Archived