NFL Divisional Round Preview

NJTank

Why is it that so many people think the Giants are going to beat the Cowboys this weekend?

Not that I don't think it's possible, but everyone I read or listen to is acting as though the Cowboys winning would be akin to Our Lady of Perpetual Sorrow Catholic H.S. beating the New England Patriots.

from what i hear its because of all the distractions the cowboys are having to deal with added to the giants are playing pretty well right now.

Why is it that so many people think the Giants are going to beat the Cowboys this weekend?

Not that I don't think it's possible, but everyone I read or listen to is acting as though the Cowboys winning would be akin to Our Lady of Perpetual Sorrow Catholic H.S. beating the New England Patriots.

from what i hear its because of all the distractions the cowboys are having to deal with added to the giants are playing pretty well right now.

Exactly

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Exactly

What distractions? The Yoko Romo crap? The Wade Phillips crap?

Those things will have absolutely NO effect on the game. They're things made up by the media to hype interest in the game - :censored: come up with just to have something to say by the talking heads - and will have no real bearing on the game itself.

nav-logo.png

Don't count me among those people. Football regresses towards the mean just like anything else does. The Cowboys will win easily. Why? Because The Giants will at some point become The Giants again. They're due for a let down after the intensity of the Patriots game and a road playoff win. And The Cowboys at some point will become The Cowboys again. My guess is both those things happen this weekend. Cowboys win and win big.

Other predictions...

Jacksonville got lucky last week. They couldn't go in for the kill against a Steelers team that was down a pro bowl running back. They won't be so lucky this week. If they couldn't even finish off a weakened Steelers team, there's no way they hang with New England on the road. I'd love to see the upset but my money would have to go on The Patriots. The Jaguars will be lucky to hold The Patriots under 34 points.

Speaking of regressing toward the mean, it's about time Seattle plays like Seattle on the road. Green Bay wins a ho-hum game that will never be as close as the final score would indicate.

The Chargers may be able to catch the Colts looking past them to a rematch with New England. This is the game where an upset is possible. It could happen, but it won't. It's close for a while but the Colts pull away late and win.

As usual, my predictions are entirely off the cuff and I won't be held to any of them...

unless of course I get them right. B)

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Archived