DC United

Krona

I went back to the drawing board with my United concept a few months back. I've reworked the Washington monument back into a more traditional crest, using the stylized wings to retain elements of the current badge. The kits are basically what i think adidas should move towards. i kept three "ghost stripes" across the chest, as well as adding "Institutio" along the back which is Latin for "Tradition".

Let me know what you think:

DC-United-Kits.jpg

C & C encouraged......

I really like this crest. I didn't see your original, but I like the addition of the monument. It really gives it something that really says "DC". Very nice job.

As for the unis themselves, I am not a fan. They are alright, but I have always liked DC's unis. I think it's a classic look. In particular, I don't like the red stripe on the rear end of the shorts with the wordmark. Looks too high school-ish.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

I don't care for sponsors on the jersey, but that's the way soccer traditionally is, so I have to live with that. The "ghost stripes" are an interesting modification. I don't love them, but I don't hate them either. The "butt band" has got to go though. Also, why not black socks with the white kits? Is white monochrome some sort of no-no in soccer? The black socks seem out of place with that look.

I think I remember your original United crest with the Washington Monument and I liked it then. This version is an improvement, mostly. What to the wings represent? Is it to have some sort of tie in with the current eagle? I think you should nix them. The monument framed in the circle does a much better job than with the wings, in my opinion.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Archived