Going pink for charity

OMMF

http://www.oilkings.ca/hm/inside.php?id=217

Edmonton, AB - The Edmonton Oil Kings are a bunch of 'Pinks'. Members of the team dyed their hair pink in support of the Valentine's Day Hair Massacure and need your help to raise money for the Make-A-Wish Northern Alberta and Pediatric Oncology at the Stollery Children's Hospital. Read more to find out how you can donate to the cause.

On Tuesday morning, the entire team visited the Stollery Children's Hospital where they got into the Valentine's Day Spirit by going pink. They are joining Stollery patients, doctors, nurses, other hospital staff plus other local celebrities around the City of Champions to support the great cause.

or_en_320.jpg

Good on the Oil Kings. I know the lady who runs this event fairly well through my job, and she is one of the hardest-working people I can think of. She and her husband took the unimaginable experience of their daughter being diagnosed with leukemia and turned it into a one-of-a-kind event. And I'll tell you what, the pink hair dye is a great twist on the whole shave-your-head-for-cancer idea. It certainly makes the participants stand out in the community.

Archived