Website Logo

themightyspitz

Not sure if this is the right place to put this.

I've been doing web design for about 6 years, and I'm thinking of starting my own web design company. I'm still in the process of putting everything together, and I wanted to get some input from you guys about my logo.

fourlogosjj5.png

Any comments or constructive criticism is much appreciated.

EDIT: changed it up, made a possible alternative

galaxy.png

you maori bro?

whats the significance of the moko?

thats an awful font, dont use that.

No, I'm not Maori, but I visited New Zealand six years ago and was struck by the elegance and simplicity of Maori design, especially in their artwork. I build websites with the belief that simplicity is the best approach, so I wanted something that I connected with simplicity and elegance.

As for the font, could you suggest another font that would work better?

galaxy.png

you maori bro?

No, I'm not Maori, but I visited New Zealand six years ago and was struck by the elegance and simplicity of Maori design, especially in their artwork. I build websites with the belief that simplicity is the best approach, so I wanted something that I connected with simplicity and elegance.

anything really. simplicity i guess would be din/ avante guard or one of those guys.

i prefer the figure 8 design to the other i guess. the other looks like the stuff the pakeha get on their shoulders

that tends to turn out to mean something like 'woman goddess' or something.

like the seahawk colours but i reckon you should drop the light green.

you maori bro?

anything really. simplicity i guess would be din/ avante guard or one of those guys.

i prefer the figure 8 design to the other i guess. the other looks like the stuff the pakeha get on their shoulders

that tends to turn out to mean something like 'woman goddess' or something.

like the seahawk colours but i reckon you should drop the light green.

Thanks for the input, mate.

Yeah, I was leaning towards the hei matau for a while, but after I drew it up it looked a bit too aggressive for a web design logo. The twists feel a bit more balanced, you know?

Been contemplating about dropping the light green...might take up some other green instead, and I'm still playing around with other colors.

galaxy.png

the colors are a bit too muted, for my taste, but that could be just personal - i'm not suggesting anything over the top, just something with a bit more contrast and "pop" - like fraser, i'm not feeling the font, either - if you're going serifed and using the icon on the right, i might recommend something with smoother serifs...

jldesigns404eo.png

• 1 month later...

Archived