United in throwback kits today

Cooleyvol

It's been a massive deal here this last week. The Manchester Evening News gave out a copy of the front and back pages of the paper from the day after the crash, and there was a fear that City fans would mess up the minutes silence, which I'm glad to say, they didn't. Watching the game I thought it was a pity City didn't revert to a 1950's kit too, but hats off to the removal of sponsorship.

On a side note, with the use of retro kits and plans to go overseas in 2011, it looks like the Premiership is finally going to exploit its global brand potential as the NFL has already done in the US. There has been a massive backlash aginst the foreign '39th' game here - i know its not the right place, but what do the americans on the board think of nfl games being played in europe etc?

As a One United member here in the States I'd be all up for a trip to see United play. The idea of seeding is interesting, what will they base it off of the standings at Christmas? This would be fine if all the teams played in geographically the same area, i.e. all in USA, or whatever country will let them play. As much as the fans cry about the teams going outside of Europe, how many actually attend every match? I'm betting an elite few wo can acually afford season passes. As many fans of Arsenal are yelling, the Emirates only holds 60,000 and places like Anfield and White Hart Lane only hold 30,000. It would be cool to see a full strength squad playing meaningful games in Houston or Dallas or maybe even Tucson.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived