Photoshop "Raising the Bar" Assignment

AceTen

Like I said in the first one, I think you should make people 1-5 decreasing in opacity. I like the blue addition but I still think your name should be in a different font or something, and I think the lens flare should be behing the letters. But otherwise, I like this, nice job.

thanks, i appreciate the time to comment on this, people constantly post sports things, and not to say the other things are un-important, but it sucks to actually want input on something for school, and have noone actually give the time to comment on it, but then a concept for the saints will get over 25 comments..

No offense, but your text is really bugging me. I'm a big believer in that all text of the same style should be the same ratio (equal in height and width). So here is what I would do: I would take your font, take the aspects of 'Raising' and make the rest of the text the same. I would go to 2 lines of text, with "RAISING THE" being on the top, and "BAR" on the bottom. But in order to get your text into that "building block" format, I would shrink the top line until it rests perfectly on "BAR" like a hat. Lastly, I would rotate "THE" 90 degrees vertically and keep it squar with the height of "RAISING".

Here is a visual example as best as I can give:

~~~~~~ E

RAISING H (turned sideways)

~~~~~~ T

B A R

Hope this helps...

GFB hinted at this, but the first rule of typography is that you never artificially stretch type. That's what condensed or extended versions of a typeface are for. It looks like you're using Impact (or something similar) here and you've simply taken the free transform tool and stretched THE and BAR across the page. Never do that. Someone took a lot of time to design that typeface, getting the ratios of vertical and horizontal thickness just how they wanted it and all that jazz that goes into designing a typeface. They did a bad job with that typeface, but hating on Impact is a whole different thread. I think GFB's building block idea would work nicely with your bold type and the building block words are definitely 'in' right now, so go for it.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived