new randolph college logo

leggman01

The head in itself isn't too bad, not great mind you, but the yellow partial circle looks stupid. And the wordmark is too generic and doesn't fit with the logo. So yeah, it's ranks pretty low.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

Nice to see they went back into the community and had a local fourth grader do the logo.

A bright yellow....cat-thing on the same bright yellow background? That just starts my problems with this...

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

Naw, that logo's sad...seriously. Why not pay a real designer a couple bucks to get it done right. You're a college, you can afford it.

shortly after they announced that they would be going coed and changing their name, i sent them a proposal that blew this out of the water (doesn't take much) and the AD informed me that they had already chosen a design firm to handle the transition to new institutional and athletic identities - ncsdo is a pretty reputable higher education design company and they do lots of print publications as well as institutional identity - they did a really good job on the randolph institutional logo (link) but their strength is clearly not in athletic identities, as evidenced by this monstrocity

jldesigns404eo.png

Fairly nice - simple. Not sure what the yellow moon behind the head means.

Kinda of cartoon-ish, but not terrible. I've seen better quality from our graphic-warriors

on this board. They obviously don't put a high emphasis on the athletic programs or they'd

spent better/more money a better logo.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I'm sorry, but this is one of the worst commissioned logos I've ever seen. It wouldn't even be "nice" for someone's lame ass fantasy squad.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived