Staten Island Yankees Road Concept

RPimpsner

Hello there,

I am new to the site. I have been designing concept jerseys for the Staten Island Yankees since the end of the 2002 season. The most notable ones were what was the teams BP jersey from 2003 - 2007, Camo Jerseys for 2005, and the concept of a special Staten Island Ferry Jersey (our designs were different).

Here is a concept I made in 2002, that I just updated with one of the team's new logos. I would like to know what you think. Also if I can find all my oringinal designs I would like to share them with you.

RoadConcept.jpg

The execution is sloppy and the idea is uninspired.

You didn't use the SI Yankees Navy, which I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say was a design choice and not a lazy mistake. But it still doesnt look good. The letters are too small to read, and too short, and the fonts are way to generic. Not your fault the "Y" logo sucks, but it still does (at least the letters sorta match the "Y")

I think the overall idea is bland, not terrible, but the execution is so poor its hard to make a distinction between boring and classy. If it was cleaned up, I might be able to say it was a nice, simple design. But right now I have to say its just a boring mess. Sorry if that was too cruel.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

It's not a boring mess, just boring. Honestly, it has a lot of potential, but that's because there isn't anything on it. Just the Y logo on the cap, the generic brush script on the jersey, and numbers on the back. Get the blue right, and spice up the wordmark. Maybe put some red in there. Just becuase the parent Yankees don't have red in their scheme doesn't mean this team can't.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

It's gotta be navy. Royal with Yankees doesnt really match up well, especially where one of NY's rivals is the Royals (just ask Billy Martin :P ) Now, I think the idea youre getting at makes sence - I did see a hint of Yankee in there for some reason. But you have to replace the Royal with Navy.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

The color is from the chart I got from the team a while back, all i did basically was transfer the design to that template format. I said the same thing about the "Y" logo when I first saw the graphic. It does look better on an actual piece of merchandise, but personally I feel they should go with the Interlocking "SI".

As a one off July 4th thing, I really like these. Still thing that sleeve logo belongs in the trash though, not your fault of course. You'd hardly be able to see the stars, and the stars could be spaced better, but other than that I could see these being used for something like that.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I have the larger version of the Yankees Script, I will post that later on. I have a meeting with the team next week for the uniform promotion. I have done it once before in 2005 with a camo jersey that we made over $3,000 for charity. I am hoping for a repeat of that (Actually hopefully more with the expected attendance jump this season). I will post more info after everything gets settled.

I thought you might like this too, its a quick uniform history of the SI Yankees. It has all their main uniforms in their history. The other special uniforms are not on there. They worn five special jerseys in their history (Japanese, SI Ferry, Camo, Half.Com, Red/White/Blue Tye Die).

http://www.baby-bombers.com/History/UniformHistory.htm

As promised, here is the Patriotic Yankees Script that is on the Fourth of July Jersey. It is a very large file.

PatrioticWordMark.jpg

Archived