Oilers Uniform Concept

penguin20

For this Oilers concept I was trying to come up with something more modern. I think that with the Oilers, because they had so much success in those jerseys, people want to keep with tradition. So most Oilers concepts are just a remake of the old 80's jerseys which I think do not look good in present day. So for this concept I decided to go more in the direction of the old third jerseys. I took the old thirds, added a shoulder yoke to tie in to the old jerseys, then added in copper to keep with the old colour scheme a bit. Thanks to speedy for the template. So here it is.

Home Uniform

Home.png

Away Uniform

Away.png

C&C please.

Possible alt may be coming.

AtlantaThrashers.pngManchesterUnited_10Sig.png

Ahh...no. I really like your idea, but it's not executed well. It looks like you wanted to make a set based off of the old alts by switching the colors around to make a white jersey, which is an okay idea. But then it also looks like you decided to throw in miniscule orangey-gold stripes at the last second, which completely ruined it for me. It you want to use orange, you might as well make it stand out. And I don't think the silver would show up on the white jersey. You might want to make put it between the blue.

PS: I have found that outlining the white jersey with a dark color makes it much more clean looking.

Archived