Gold Coast AFL

Alphabet Man

That would be going outside the norm. I'm not sure it could work, but then the away team to the Gold Coast would have to wear home shorts. What if the propert steward gets confused? I'm sure the home shorts in Sydney has them confused.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

That would be going outside the norm. I'm not sure it could work, but then the away team to the Gold Coast would have to wear home shorts. What if the propert steward gets confused? I'm sure the home shorts in Sydney has them confused.

Property stewards already have to pay close attention week to week, stuff-ups would be nothing new :) Melbourne and West Coast both made errors last season (Dees took white shorts to their 'home' game in Brisbane, Eagles wore royal blue against the Dogs).

With the Gold Coast about to join the national comp in a few years time I thought about what they'd wear.

Now the design I came up with is not the most complicated, its kinda simple.

I didn't want to base it on Southports V as if anything, they'd be a part of the new club so I thought I could incorporate the black and white of Southport in a minor capacity. I also wanted to add the sky blue and yellow/gold of the Gold Coasts city colours. So while not too flashy, AFL club jumpers (well home jumpers anyway) are rather simple designs.

goldcoastafl.jpg

Comments please.

I don't think the NRL Titans colours are the way to go considering the two teams will be battling for hearts and minds. A "v" jersey would be too much of a throwback to the Bears days in Brisbane, and they sure as hell shouldn't think about any shade of brown/maroon/fuschia with gold!

Personally I agree with Mero, there's no way they add 2 more teams and this threat of West Sydney is just to make North sweat a little, and see if they can be convinced to change their minds about the Gold Coast.

liverpool-1.png

I'm sure North aren't concerned. I'm hoping, for NMFC's sake and for the sake of the game, that Brayshaw can be successful.

They've said no to the GC once, they aren't going to go back there - it wont work.

Back on topic, i'm thinking.... the first one i posted with orange in place of yellow and black white and black on the second stripe instead of the grey/silver.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

In case Gold Coast and second Sydney team get introduced, what would the names of those teams be. I also thought gold and light blue would be good color for Gold Coast team, as citizens can support both codes of football and have universal link with the city's sports (colours), same as Pittsburgh has in US.

Archived