Gold Coast AFL

Alphabet Man

With the Gold Coast about to join the national comp in a few years time I thought about what they'd wear.

Now the design I came up with is not the most complicated, its kinda simple.

I didn't want to base it on Southports V as if anything, they'd be a part of the new club so I thought I could incorporate the black and white of Southport in a minor capacity. I also wanted to add the sky blue and yellow/gold of the Gold Coasts city colours. So while not too flashy, AFL club jumpers (well home jumpers anyway) are rather simple designs.

goldcoastafl.jpg

Comments please.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Nice and simple, very Gold Coast oriented. I would use either black or silver but not both. Maybe even forgo both and use a burnt orange to represent sun (with blue for surf and yellow for sand). I'm guessing the socks would be identical to the Titans (blue with yellow tops).

sig.png

I'd like to see the new team use orange in some capacity - it would give them a distinctive colour (like Freo's purple or Port's teal) that would also help differentiate them from the other GC sporting teams without straying too far from the usual colours of local teams.

I saw yours on bigfooty, I can't bothered finding my passwords to post it there.

Orange seems a way to go.

I was thinking about West Sydney..... what colours would you use for them?

Couple of options:

- navy and sky blue (boring but traditionally NSW)

- green and black or green and blue (a bit more distinctive)

I think the 'West Sydney Redbacks' would be awesome but I struggle to find a good colour combo with red that doesn't look like an existing team. Red black and sky blue might work.

Lol funny that, i was thinking about redbacks too. And I also thought a green and blue colour combo could work.

I think a second NSW side can't use red.

Liverpool v Everton

Man U v Man City

AC Milan v Inter

Red v Blue

I think a second NSW side needs to use blue. But I'd like to see green used.

alright matt, i wasn't sure about the diagonal striping at first, but it's grown on me. Echoing primal, the silver needs to go, cus the sky blues all look like something Port rejected. I think I'll try my hand at this a little later, but definitely figure out a way to make orange the primary.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

ALPHA,

What cool jumpers. My son plays Aussie Rules FB for the KC Storm team. He's currently serving in Iraq and wants to start a Aussie Rules team on base (Ft. Bragg, North Carolina). He's traveled several times to play tourneys but had played mostly around town against a few local teams.

Great Concepts.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Gold Coast 2010

Western Sydney to be determined.

But don't believe everything you read, the AFL are not really going to bring in another 2 teams.

They haven't done any market research, and don't even have a ground for West Sydney to play in.

I don't think the GC would embrace a team that has already rejected them.

Also, the AFL, Cricket NSW, NSW Govt. are building a 10k training base out at Blacktown and they are gonna play at Homebush. (Yes Homebush its a big stadium, but itll still draw a bigger crowd than NRL who get about 5k to a 80k seat stadium).

I think they are serious, but spoke too early. Today's Herald Sun (i didnt read it all) but former Lions CEO or chairman Downie is leading the GCFC.

alright matt, i wasn't sure about the diagonal striping at first, but it's grown on me. Echoing primal, the silver needs to go, cus the sky blues all look like something Port rejected. I think I'll try my hand at this a little later, but definitely figure out a way to make orange the primary.

Well AFL clubs have simple home jumpers (apart from Port, but they don't have gradients yet so....) so I thought i'd keep it in the same simple style. We already have stripes, hoops, tri-panels, sashes, bands, V's, so i thought.... whats the next step..... diagonalism

ALPHA,

What cool jumpers. My son plays Aussie Rules FB for the KC Storm team. He's currently serving in Iraq and wants to start a Aussie Rules team on base (Ft. Bragg, North Carolina). He's traveled several times to play tourneys but had played mostly around town against a few local teams.

Great Concepts.

Thanks. Maybe he could be playing US Nationals soon. It's a big game at a minor level in the USA, theres clubs everywhere. Maybe Ricky Nixon could also set up recruiting structures in the USA as well as Ireland. I'm sure there are some quality players there. And how cool would it be to see an African-American playing centre half forward.

Well AFL clubs have simple home jumpers (apart from Port, but they don't have gradients yet so....) so I thought i'd keep it in the same simple style. We already have stripes, hoops, tri-panels, sashes, bands, V's, so i thought.... whats the next step..... diagonalism

i see where you're getting at, give em something simple that immediately says "oh yeah, that's Gold Coast!"

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Yeh exactly. So you look at the jumper now and go 'oh thats GCFC' and look at it in a hundred years and say 'oh thats GCFC'.

You can do the same to every AFL club. They've hardly changed home/main jumpers over 100years.

If I make it mainly orange, should I use orange shorts? Would that not look terrible? I suppose Richmond did wear yellow shorts at one stage.

Archived