Minor League Jerseys

hjwii

I like minor-league baseball jerseys to see adapted wordmarks to reflect the name of the town, such as seeing whether you could fit "BELLINGHAM", "WILLIAMSPORT," or "LAKE ELSINORE" on the front of the jersey in the same typeface as the home shirt.

I'm a bit disappointed in franchises which don't put much effort into their road kit; the Potomac Nationals act like the 1980s Cubs with a navy road jersey, the Utica Blue Sox of the 1990s had a plain block gray jersey, and Erie has massive block letters that envelop the front like the Kansas City Monarchs.

I'm a bit disappointed in franchises which don't put much effort into their road kit ...

I think we should regard it as the moral obligation of any team that accepts public assistance in any way to put its city name on its jersey and its city initial on its cap. At least on the road. And then to make those caps and jerseys available for sale. When a team accepts public support, it shoulders a civic responsibility to act as a representative institution on behalf of the public from whom it has accepted the support.

Though this would be an exception to my other rule that teams that wear both a mascot or team-name cap and a city-initial cap should wear the city-initial cap at home, where their jersey already has the team name, and the mascot cap on the road, where their jersey should already have the city name.

20082614447.png

I like minor-league baseball jerseys to see adapted wordmarks to reflect the name of the town, such as seeing whether you could fit "BELLINGHAM", "WILLIAMSPORT," or "LAKE ELSINORE" on the front of the jersey in the same typeface as the home shirt.

I'm a bit disappointed in franchises which don't put much effort into their road kit; the Potomac Nationals act like the 1980s Cubs with a navy road jersey, the Utica Blue Sox of the 1990s had a plain block gray jersey, and Erie has massive block letters that envelop the front like the Kansas City Monarchs.

Speaking of "BELLINGHAM", I used to live there at one time. I really wanted their road jersey, which had the city's name on the front (the home jersey was exactly the same as the Seattle Mariners). I tried calling the team office and still had no luck. They wouldn't sell me one. The lady on the phone even told me, "If you want one, you'll just have to make the team!" :blink:

I even tried calling again at other times. Still no luck. Eventually the M's left Bellingham for Everett - and I still had no jersey, though I do have a Bellingham Mariners cap.

I have authentic roadies for each of the Red Sox 2006 minor league affiliates for Lowell, Greenville, Portland, and Pawtucket. They are out there. You just need to know where to look.

What about Wilmington (or Lancaster, at least through this season?) :D

I've got a couple of Pawtucket jerseys - one authentic, and one game-worn. I interned there in the merchandising department, and I know my boss would bend over backwards to get the customer any kind of merchandising-related item possible. In fact, he would tell our customers that for jersey customization, they could go directly to the source, which was the same place where the game-worn jerseys were customized. Alot of people were amazed by the amount of merch we stocked, especially the jerseys.

I have authentic roadies for each of the Red Sox 2006 minor league affiliates for Lowell, Greenville, Portland, and Pawtucket. They are out there. You just need to know where to look.

What about Wilmington (or Lancaster, at least through this season?) :D

I've got a couple of Pawtucket jerseys - one authentic, and one game-worn. I interned there in the merchandising department, and I know my boss would bend over backwards to get the customer any kind of merchandising-related item possible. In fact, he would tell our customers that for jersey customization, they could go directly to the source, which was the same place where the game-worn jerseys were customized. Alot of people were amazed by the amount of merch we stocked, especially the jerseys.

I have a Wilmington one, but it's sadly a replica. Picked it up when I went there.

What's the Pawtucket place? Might want to send my roadie there for numbering.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Archived