Bid for Montreal MLS Franchise in the Works

Brian in Boston

I'm pretty sure it's safe to assume Montreal will be one of the next franchise in MLS, as everything is in place. However the article states 2009, is it to late now for them to be entered into the league for then?

True. Given the current entrance of Seattle in '09 and Philly in '10, I'm fairly certain that they would not be able to join until at least 2010.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I'm pretty sure it's safe to assume Montreal will be one of the next franchise in MLS, as everything is in place. However the article states 2009, is it to late now for them to be entered into the league for then?

True. Given the current entrance of Seattle in '09 and Philly in '10, I'm fairly certain that they would not be able to join until at least 2010.

That's what I figured, hopefully a 2010 entry is possible, Montreal and Philly joining would increase the rivalrys in the east. I already think TFC and Phillu will be a great rivalry.

untitled-6.jpg

If Saputo's MLS team is as good as their mozzarella cheese, they'll be the best sports franchise on Earth.

Don't forget that Saputo own Vachon. I'm thinking a great name could be Jos. Louis de Montreal. Their colours could be brown, red and white. :D

LMAO, although I have to disagree with the name, brown, white and red may be a nice colour scheme, unique, and if done tastefully could be great.

untitled-6.jpg

St. Louis and Montreal as the 17th and 18th franchises in MLS. Not out of the question and quite possibly likely to happen.

St. Louis may (if the low-level rumblings that haven't quite hit the print media yet) get the Columbus Crew before they get an expansion team.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

St. Louis and Montreal as the 17th and 18th franchises in MLS. Not out of the question and quite possibly likely to happen.

St. Louis may (if the low-level rumblings that haven't quite hit the print media yet) get the Columbus Crew before they get an expansion team.

:blink:

Columbus? Yeah, ok, they don't have the best fan base, but with that stadium, that'd still be crazy.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Columbus? Yeah, ok, they don't have the best fan base, but with that stadium, that'd still be crazy.

The fan-base in Columbus is fine. That is in spite of the fact that team management has done everything possible to drive it away. Management has failed that team... pure and simple. The Crew has finished in the top half of league attendance 8 of its 12 years of existence, while management has built just three teams that have ever managed to put together a winning record during the regular season.

Bottom line? Kansas City and Dallas were always the markets that received more of the Hunt Family's attention (fat lot of good it did them). After the initial commitment that it took to get Crew Stadium built, the Hunts simply allowed the Crew to "wither on the vine". If Major League Soccer ultimately fails in Columbus, it will be a result of inept team management poisoning the market.

I know that, but I've seen a couple of statements out and about as well as Glenn Davis mentioning it on his weekly show. Like you, I agree with what he said right after mentioning the rumour: fan base should be better, but with a stadium like that, they still should be good to go, especially when looking at some other clubs' situations.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Archived