NCAA Men's regional floors

oddball

i remember back in like 1998 (or whenever Gonzaga had their original run) and Phoenix's Suns court was used, with the exception of the logo at midcourt...

And where did the days of Boise State's crazy court and others go? It's college Give the hosts their due!

High Quality Entertainment for the masses.

DiamondbacksSig.pngsuperbowlxliii-1.png

i remember back in like 1998 (or whenever Gonzaga had their original run) and Phoenix's Suns court was used, with the exception of the logo at midcourt...

And where did the days of Boise State's crazy court and others go? It's college Give the hosts their due!

Boise isn't likely to host a regional final, so you probably would still get to see that court (save for the gigantic NCAA logo at mid-court) if it was to host first-round games again any time soon.

When the NCAA starts installing custom courts for the first two rounds, that's when you'll know it makes too much money. :rolleyes:

Boise isn't likely to host a regional final, so you probably would still get to see that court (save for the gigantic NCAA logo at mid-court) if it was to host first-round games again any time soon.

When the NCAA starts installing custom courts for the first two rounds, that's when you'll know it makes too much money. :rolleyes:

The average tournament pool participant does not care where the game is held pf th e look of the floor. No, I think it means that they NCAA is in more control, especially for the men's regional and rightfully so. For the Sweet 16, there are only 3 sites up for bid as a dome will get one since it will also host the next year's Final Four. Therefore, you have competition and the NCAA holds the upper hand. They are doing exactly what they should be doing. If a sponsor wants to get in, then pay the price. Screw other courts as the tournament money may help pay for a gymnastic scholarship, half a baseball scholarship or something for the smaller schools.

The average tournament pool participant does not care where the game is held pf th e look of the floor. No, I think it means that they NCAA is in more control, especially for the men's regional and rightfully so. For the Sweet 16, there are only 3 sites up for bid as a dome will get one since it will also host the next year's Final Four. Therefore, you have competition and the NCAA holds the upper hand. They are doing exactly what they should be doing. If a sponsor wants to get in, then pay the price. Screw other courts as the tournament money may help pay for a gymnastic scholarship, half a baseball scholarship or something for the smaller schools.

What? I think you just claimed that the NCAA is out to screw the individualized courts (not the schools, but the courts), but I really can't be sure.

Archived