Cubs Road and Alternate Jersey Ideas

PWG44

I like a lot of the ideas in this concept.

I would like to see them adopt the road wordmark you used, with or without the red underline or red outline. Either that font or the old Chicago font from the 1990 roads they still use on Vine Line magazine would be an improvement over the random one they use on the road now. However, I'd pass on the vests at this point.

When you said head from a Nike jersey, I thought you were going to use the modern alt logo, but the version Nike uses with just the cub head. I think if the blue alt switched to that -- or better yet, the primary -- plus added some kind of trim I'd like them more.

As for your light blue alt, not bad, but I think those are best saved for the Royals and Blue Jays and maybe Rays now. The Cubs always have those '70s throwbacks, but I'd prefer a royal blue alt only (and only on the road, as I've said 100 times here I'm sure).

I like a lot of the ideas in this concept.

I would like to see them adopt the road wordmark you used, with or without the red underline or red outline. Either that font or the old Chicago font from the 1990 roads they still use on Vine Line magazine would be an improvement over the random one they use on the road now. However, I'd pass on the vests at this point.

When you said head from a Nike jersey, I thought you were going to use the modern alt logo, but the version Nike uses with just the cub head. I think if the blue alt switched to that -- or better yet, the primary -- plus added some kind of trim I'd like them more.

As for your light blue alt, not bad, but I think those are best saved for the Royals and Blue Jays and maybe Rays now. The Cubs always have those '70s throwbacks, but I'd prefer a royal blue alt only (and only on the road, as I've said 100 times here I'm sure).

You're thinking of the same logo that I am... the one that nike uses. That is the one I would have liked to throw on the alternate... but couldn't find a vector file.

Thanks for the passion everybody... few teams (or cities) could bring that out in it's fans...

sports_sig_by_PWG44.jpg

Archived