Cubs Road and Alternate Jersey Ideas

PWG44

not a big fan of the cubs road uniforms... so i had some fun. Never understood why the "C" on the cap is thicker than when the "C" is used elsewhere other than on the cap... not to mention the typeface on the current road jerseys is different than anything else they use.

I took a cue from a classic design they used back in the day (from a Rockwell painting) and applied the typeface they use for the logo and cap insignia... their current alternates are ok, however, i have t-shirt (nike) that has the "C" with just the head of the cub from the road uni and sleeve patch from the existing design (i couldn't find it anywhere though)... it's really cool and woud look great on the alternate big z likes so much...

i could take or leave the road cap... although i think they should stick with as much "cubbie blue" as possible...

i've also always liked the old "simple" cub circa 1970's... so i used him liberally...

this was just for fun... but they really do need to update their roadies... in my humble opinion...

cubsroadaltideas.jpg

sports_sig_by_PWG44.jpg

lemme count the times of influence...underlined script: 40s/early 50s...of course, original cub head: 60s/70s...powder blue: 41-42/late 70s/very early 80s...vests: early 40s...I think that just about covers it.

I'm a mad bear man myself, and I would've modified the I slightly. nothing too drastic, just the addition of serifs. I gotta sleep on this set, though, I can't decide right now.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Not too shabby...I do like the rebirth of the "lil' Cub" logo (brings back good childhood memories) and I do like that font you used, it's a very fitting font for the city of Chicago (I think), but it'd look a bit more classy sans the underline and if you used a squared-off font for the numbers. I am a fan of the solid color sleeves...I do wish my Twins would break out their navy sleeve unis more often...maybe remove the piping on the edge? Good effort otherwise dude.

35187800ud6.png

thanks for all the comments everybody...

the differing opinions are what make this fun... keep the reviews comin'... the fact that we could debate powder blue, serifs, stripes, etc., shows our passion... love it!

sports_sig_by_PWG44.jpg

the differing opinions are what make this fun... keep the reviews comin'... the fact that we could debate powder blue, serifs, stripes, etc., shows our passion... love it!

harry2.gif

Your designs reek of barbeque spare ribs.

Like the alternate!

So... is that a good thing in your opinion or do you not like BBQ spare ribs... I just love coherent critiques... :P

sports_sig_by_PWG44.jpg

harry2.gif

Like the alternate!

So... is that a good thing in your opinion or do you not like BBQ spare ribs... I just love coherent critiques... :P

BBQ Spare ribs are great! The alternate is the best. Maybe the letters need a slight red outline though on the home and away.

The quality of your work: A.

The content of your work: F. Because (1) I greatly dislike sleeveless jerseys and (2) because the powder blue unis represents a uniquely terrible era in Cubs history. (At least you didn't add the white pinstripes.)

If it were me, I would use the blue jersey as the main road uni, because that represents all the real success the Cubs have had since, well, 1945.

Packers-2.png

harry2.gif

Like the alternate!

"If the moon were made of BBQ Spareribs, would ya eat it? I would! Heck I'd ask for seconds, then polish it off with a tall, cool budweiser! I would do it!"

Love the ribs reference! Anyways....

IDK if I'm really feeling this to be honest with ya. They dont look bad at all, I just don't know if those are for me or not. But, this concept isnt intended for me, it's intended for the Cubs, and with all the flashbacks you have on here, what I can say is that it definetely represents the Cubs' history very well and I think it could definetely work for them. Very, very creative idea and I applaude you for that!! :grin:

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

For whatever reason the red underline on those old Cubs uniforms has always driven me crazy, it seems completely unnecessary. I think you have done great work here but I am neither a fan of the Cubs in sleeveless jerseys or powder blues. I think the Cubs best road uni's were the early 90's, circa "Rookie of the Year"

Nice work though, just sharing my opinion.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

I love the underline. I have a puzzle of that Rockwell painting that I mounted on a posterboard and placed in my art classroom. Great way to incorporate the blue and the red without going crazy. I like it the way they used it historically better than I do here. Kind of like a throwback that's been modernized (like KC's new powders).

I like the powder jersey, but probably because it says early 80s to me, and that's when my love of baseball grew as a kid.

I was at a Lids in Gatlinburg the other day and saw a navy cap for sale with the old white bear holding a bat. Fantastic hat. I have a Wrigley field hat I bought across the street from the stadium that features that bear in a baseball.

A few years ago my son was on the Cubs in Little League and I designed game balls for each of the boys on the team. I looked up lots of old Cubbies logos (mostly on this site) and made a variety of Cubs baseballs. I don't think the boys could have cared less, but I had fun. The Cubs have had a lot of interesting logos.

I am unqualified to speak on this topic, though, because I am a Reds fan.

I love the underline. I have a puzzle of that Rockwell painting that I mounted on a posterboard and placed in my art classroom. Great way to incorporate the blue and the red without going crazy. I like it the way they used it historically better than I do here. Kind of like a throwback that's been modernized (like KC's new powders).

I like the powder jersey, but probably because it says early 80s to me, and that's when my love of baseball grew as a kid.

I was at a Lids in Gatlinburg the other day and saw a navy cap for sale with the old white bear holding a bat. Fantastic hat. I have a Wrigley field hat I bought across the street from the stadium that features that bear in a baseball.

A few years ago my son was on the Cubs in Little League and I designed game balls for each of the boys on the team. I looked up lots of old Cubbies logos (mostly on this site) and made a variety of Cubs baseballs. I don't think the boys could have cared less, but I had fun. The Cubs have had a lot of interesting logos.

I am unqualified to speak on this topic, though, because I am a Reds fan.

By that logic I have absolutely no business speaking on this topic :P

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

Archived