South Carolina Changes Color Scheme

tron1013

there really seems to be a problem with getting the colors right on merchandise in schools that have a maroon/crimson. I have seen just about every possible shade of maroon with an aggie logo slapped on it whether its a very light shade or so dark that it looks purple. i know what pantone has is listed as the official "maroon" for A&M, but it just doesnt seem to get used on anything properly. i bought an aggie jersey a few months ago just to find out that its nowhere close to matching my hat. ok sorry rant over

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Off topic, but where did you get those screen shots Pantone? Thanks!

I was wondering where you found the color combos, specificaly the RGB colors for specific teams. Thanks!

I collect the color values for all teams (pro and college) - Pantone solid colors, thread colors, textiles, twill, etc., and then I cross-reference those values against my custom-built color database which includes RGB (various color spaces), CMYK, CIE-L*ab, formula ink mixes, etc.

So, RGB values are just a small piece of things.

Off topic, but where did you get those screen shots Pantone? Thanks!

I was wondering where you found the color combos, specificaly the RGB colors for specific teams. Thanks!

I collect the color values for all teams (pro and college) - Pantone solid colors, thread colors, textiles, twill, etc., and then I cross-reference those values against my custom-built color database which includes RGB (various color spaces), CMYK, CIE-L*ab, formula ink mixes, etc.

So, RGB values are just a small piece of things.

You wouldnt have a data base you were willing to share...could ya would ya? Or be able to point a fella in the right RGB direction??? Thanks again!

Archived