South Carolina Changes Color Scheme

tron1013

Look like they are going to use the same shade of red that we are (202). We use 202 on our helmets at Troy.

Your school uses an intense amount of colors:

TroyU_ATH_9999_SOL_SRGB.jpg

:P

Note: I know that the school colors are "Cardinal, Silver and Black". I do however, need to go through Troy's colors and divide them up between those colors that are considered Primary vs. Secondary or "additional" colors.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can't tell a difference.

EDIT: post 1337

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

can't tell a difference.

Are you serious? The only way you couldn't tell any difference between the 201 and the 202 swatch is if you have a 256 color monitor, or you're colorblind, which, if that's the case, I pologize if I offended you with either statement.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

can't tell a difference.

Are you serious? The only way you couldn't tell any difference between the 201 and the 202 swatch is if you have a 256 color monitor, or you're colorblind, which, if that's the case, I pologize if I offended you with either statement.

at first glace it looks identicle. But looking at it longer you can see the difference.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

at first glace it looks identicle. But looking at it longer you can see the difference.

I would suggest that if you can't see a difference between 201 C and 202 C on your monitor, that you get some sort of calibration performed.

There is a fairly significant difference.

can't tell a difference.

come on man. you know what he is talking about...they are very similar, especially at first glance. on a uniform and on the field, a difference will not be noticed by 99% of people.

PMS 202C is also the official state colour of Queensland, Australia, where its always referred to as Maroon.

liverpool-1.png

I would suggest that if you can't see a difference between 201 C and 202 C on your monitor, that you get some sort of calibration performed.

I think in your eyes because you deal with color a lot, as I do. But to the average person...I hate to break it to ya but they aren't gonna notice. As a matter of fact, on a certain gamecock message board they had a poll that said "can you tell a difference in our color change?" The results were 88% to 12% in favor of "not noticing a real difference."

Isn't that why they are 201 and 202?

FWIW, I don't think my alma mater even knew what 201 was...I have the official color line and trademark usage sheet, and the color used on all the logos is not 201.

Either way, you be the judge:

example_pantone.jpg

I think in your eyes because you deal with color a lot, as I do. But to the average person...I hate to break it to ya but they aren't gonna notice. As a matter of fact, on a certain gamecock message board they had a poll that said "can you tell a difference in our color change?" The results were 88% to 12% in favor of "not noticing a real difference."

Isn't that why they are 201 and 202?

Maybe the difference isn't that obvious in some places, but I think PANTONE's point was that, when the colors are laid side by side on your monitor as he did, the difference is indeed significant.

And I agree. Looking at them together in the same medium, there is a stark difference between the two.

I actually am colorblind...

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

i didn't say they look identicle and couldn't tell the difference. i said if you look at them at 'first glance' but once you take a few seconds to look at it then you see the difference, which you can clearly see.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

To be fair, the only real difference in these colors is that 202 (whether you're talking about C, M or U - doesn't matter) has one more part Black in the formula mix vs. 201.

PMS 201:

Base Color: Formula%: Parts:

Rubine Red 70.60 12.0000

Yellow 23.50 4.0000

Black 5.90 1.0000

PMS 202:

Base Color: Formula%: Parts:

Rubine Red 66.70 12.0000

Yellow 22.20 4.0000

Black 11.10 2.0000

The CMYK values are somewhat similar as well:

PMS 201 C - C:07 M:100 Y:65 K:32

PMS 202 C - C:10 M:97 Y:61 K:48

I am conceding (!) that this change probably won't be noticed by the majority of people...

Archived