Oakland Athletics Concept

mania

Alright. For this look, initially I wanted to rework the Athletics elephant logo, do for it what the Seahawks modernization did... make it sleeker and look like it's swinging a bat as opposed to just holding it.

Unfortunately, my talent level disagreed with me.

But, a few days ago, I had a few ideas to do a throwback-centric idea, but also use the black that is now an official part of their color scheme. I lightened the green and yellow, I felt, to better compliment black, brought vests back full time, went with a different font for the A's(and I used the same font for the s as opposed to the generic san serif s that the A's currently use). I went with OAKLAND across the roads, in a yellow, in the same font. I wasn't sure how it would look originally, but I thought it looked great on the throwbacks yesterday, so that convinced me it was the right move. I put the O on the road hats, that way I could represent the city on the caps while keeping tradition at home.

Alright, let me know what you guys think.

oaklandasxu0.png

Hmm. Interesting. I have to say that I am not feeling any of the hats...although I like the black one best. The yellow jersey is a great idea and the only thing that bugs me is the font on the jersey...I get lost in it. The black numbers on the green jerseys...also not a fan of, and hard to see from the stands or on TV. My favorite piece you did by FAR was the spring training black jersey- it looks very sharp.

Oh, also not liking the black baseball...I think black was forced a bit much.

Okay, it's an interesting idea. I could see a pastel yellow road jersey, but this is too bright. Also, like was said, you need to work on the legibility. Try lower case letters instead of all caps. On the green jerseys, I would switch the black and yellow. On the hats, the s is mush too large. It detracts from the A. I also don't really care for the alternate cap. Right now it seems the black is too forced. Remember, yellow is still the secondary color and black is the tertiary (excluding white, of course).

Good start though.

Archived