Original Thrashers and Blue Jackets Colors

TruColor

Actually a big reason it was changed was because the Ball in the first logo looked like it was a pop-fly. They wanted a little more action and wanted to see a home-run looking ball. At least that's what I've read before I believe, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Disagree. I think all changes shown in this thread were for the better.

The only one I'm not sure on is Atlanta. It's definitely better on screen, but since they were originally metallic, perhaps the original would have been better in print forms.

I think one of the problems with the metallics for Atlanta was due to the fact that when printed with the actual spot colors, you would have these odd sections of the logo with reflective inks. I'm no designer, but I don't think this is a good thing (!).

Just translating these colors to RGB (or in this case, sRGB) doesn't show the full effect of this.

Geez, the old Rockies logo looks so much cleaner. The smaller ball made the team namesake more of the focal point and made the logo not as cluttered, the gray provided some nice contrast, and the font for "Colorado" was much more subtle and not overbearing. What could have been.

Agreed, for the exact same reasons.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived