Reviving the ABA

Turkleton

This one has taken ages, on account of the original drafts being wiped off the PC by some d**khead mate of my sisters...

The first logo I did, of a cougars head, lacked the 'bite' of a team named the 'Cougars'. It looked like domestic cat. I wanted a full body logo but I struggled with this one, getting the shape right etc. So I looked on the net for pictures of cougars, picked about 3 of em, and spent ages blending them together for the primary logo. Then I curled it round the basketball. The idea behind all this was to take the 1969-1971 logo, keep the colours and basic idea but then bring it into the 21st century.

Cougars original colours were blue white and green, but I wanted to tie them in with the logo more so picked the classic red, white and blue colour scheme.

Not much to say for the script other than I thought it fit the overall package nicely.

Hope you like, C&C appreciated, and thanks for looking.

Next in the series is Dallas Chaparrals

Turk

carolinacougarstu7.png

sigen.jpg

I like this. I like this a lot.

The logos are pretty decent, and the uniforms are sharp. The only issue I have is the striping on the alternate, while unique, is not uniform with the other two jerseys. It's edgy and good looking on its own, but it looks a little awkward.

Other than that, it's a fantastic job.

philly.png

Something about the basketball in your primary seems a bit off, maybe it's just the angle that it's at.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

This one has taken ages, on account of the original drafts being wiped off the PC by some d**khead mate of my sisters...

The first logo I did, of a cougars head, lacked the 'bite' of a team named the 'Cougars'. It looked like domestic cat. I wanted a full body logo but I struggled with this one, getting the shape right etc. So I looked on the net for pictures of cougars, picked about 3 of em, and spent ages blending them together for the primary logo. Then I curled it round the basketball. The idea behind all this was to take the 1969-1971 logo, keep the colours and basic idea but then bring it into the 21st century.

Cougars original colours were blue white and green, but I wanted to tie them in with the logo more so picked the classic red, white and blue colour scheme.

Not much to say for the script other than I thought it fit the overall package nicely.

Hope you like, C&C appreciated, and thanks for looking.

Next in the series is Dallas Chaparrals

Turk

With all due respect, your Cougar looks a bit emaciated. He doesn't appear muscular enough for the normal cougar. And your lettering and number font are too hard to read. Lettering and numbers need to be distinctive while not being too far "out there." And the panels on the ABA ball are out of balance.

carolinacougarstu7.png

Archived