MLB Redesign- NL East

GoDawgs08

Ive seen some MLB redesign projects on here with some hideous results. So I decided to do my own, starting with the NL East.

As a Braves fan, I can say I would definitely be comfortable with change. I know the uniforms are great, and over 20 years old, but I dont like the new red sunday set (yeah most like them), or the new all blue set. So here is a cool change. I apologize if some of this is pixilated, im using paint, but you get a clear idea I think.

BravesConcept.png

Okay, for the Marlins, I went into the Miami Dolphins color scheme, except navy blue is the primary. It correlates better with Dolphin Stadium that way. Once again I apologize for the pixilation, i went through and cleaned up on the navy jersey, but my computer choked on me...so this is what you get.

MarlinsConcept.png

Alright, here comes the Mets. I tried to draw out the black, except for a road alternate, it barely comes up. I used an older word font, and trashed the New York font...I know everyone will hate me for that.

MetsConcept.png

Fo the Phillies, im tired of seeing red and blue so much in baseball...so I changed the blue to a powder blue, and red back to maroon. Heres a real clean, simple look, that incorporates the old colors with the new script. And I just saw a Phillies concept very similar to this, apologies i am not stealing your idea.

PhilliesConcept.png

Finally, the Nationals. Its hard to work with a new team, so I went way out of the box. Football style numbers, centered and large on the front...with very different stripes on the sleeve area.

NationalsConcept.png

temp.png

I am a Braves fan and appreciate you taking a chance and going in a different direction with a popular uniform set. There are some things I don't think would fit. On the first set you have the old school 'A' with the newer looking 'A' on the jersey. Those clash and it does not look good. I think you are heading in the right direction with the second set. The light blue and old school Braves logos could make a cool alternate. The white hat is a little much though. I would like to see the Braves go to a vest, and I like that you put that in. I am a fan of the 'Atlanta' script so I would try that out to see how it came out. Nothing shockingly new here, but a complete overhaul is not always the answer. I hope this helps you.

Sorry to say, but it seems as if you put little effort into actually redesigning these teams, but rather threw something that wasn't exactly what they used together and posted rather quickly just to start a topic. The overall poor exectution and lack of real creativity shows this. If you're gonna do a redesign of an entire division, do an actual redesign. And that, my friend, takes time to do. If you're gonna undertake a project like that, you're gonna have to realize this.

Archived