The Rockies Stirrup Movement - Part 2

jake22

Well hello again,

I wanted to take a break that lasted about a week, but due to circumstances beyond my control I took one that was much longer. But, there is still plenty of baseball left to be played.

Since I've been gone a few notable things have happened.

I got some media attention on Uni Watch.

I met Josh Outman

tumblr_m55kbtiGW01rp7had.jpg

He signed my sign

tumblr_m55kgm6opi1rp7had.jpg

And lastly, TCK sent me a photo of the finished product. Aren't they beautiful?

tumblr_m4i486LZiA1rveixao1_1280.jpg

~~~~~

So, things have been moving a bit slow but I wanted to let you guys know that I'm still around. I'll have more news soon. But until then.... let part 2 begin!

~~~~~

Oh yeah, and did I mention that I boldly predicted the my stirrup clad Rockies would win the World Series this year?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you reached "Fireman Ed level" with The Rox fanbase yet? And what happened to the "Big Mean Man"?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

7321787368_55798d4eb1_o.jpg

You can order any of these individual pairs from Robert Marshall - http://robertmarshallart.com/news.php

Or you can place a custom order with Twin Cities Knitting, which is what I did. They can make just about anything!

Have you reached "Fireman Ed level" with The Rox fanbase yet? And what happened to the "Big Mean Man"?

Who's Firemen Ed? And The Big Mean Man has not contacted me as of yet.

In light of the Moyer news, down but not out...right Jake?

I did have my doubts (and still do) about how the striped stirrups will look with the home pinstripes, but I have a feeling that my feelings could potentially change if I were to see the combo in real life. You never know. Best of luck!

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

Again, stripped stirrups or socks look silly with pinstripe pants. But I look forward to checking back every 3 minutes so I can read what you post next about yourself.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Again, stripped stirrups or socks look silly with pinstripe pants. But I look forward to checking back every 3 minutes so I can read what you post next about yourself.

why is the part one thread pinned to the top of the forum?

I agree stirrups are awesome, last year for the Mets Capuano had some with the Mets NY logo on them and they were beautiful, but it todays baseball no one hike up their pants any more. Uniforms are fitted looser, baggier. I'd love to see more stirrups around but i dont see it happening unfortunately.

Unless a team hits a win streak with them

True2OB.png

This whole thing is really a waste of time, you're like a protestor I feel, there has got to be something more useful you can do with your time.

Stirrups are ugly, and are in the past for a reason. They look awful, and players don't like them. There is no way some guy is going to make an entire time wear a certain type of sock. Also, the players think you're insane I'm guessing. Some guy who yells at them about wearing ugly looking stockings and holds signs on TV.

I'm a realist, thus my harshness towards this. I just find it to be a waste of time, and something quite odd how into it you are. I can appreciate dedication in plenty of ways, but this whole thing I really don't get. Players are going to wear their socks the way they always do, they do it for a reason. There is nothing you are going to do that is going to make a player who has worn his socks one way for years, all of the sudden wear stirrups, it isn't even logical to think that.

This is all very strange to me, and the Rockies aren't winning the World Series.

2ly2w09.jpg

I apologize for my constant updates in the past, I no longer wish to do that. Go ahead and call me out if I do it again, I understand that it was annoying.

This whole thing is really a waste of time, you're like a protestor I feel, there has got to be something more useful you can do with your time.

Stirrups are ugly, and are in the past for a reason. They look awful, and players don't like them. There is no way some guy is going to make an entire time wear a certain type of sock. Also, the players think you're insane I'm guessing. Some guy who yells at them about wearing ugly looking stockings and holds signs on TV.

I'm a realist, thus my harshness towards this. I just find it to be a waste of time, and something quite odd how into it you are. I can appreciate dedication in plenty of ways, but this whole thing I really don't get. Players are going to wear their socks the way they always do, they do it for a reason. There is nothing you are going to do that is going to make a player who has worn his socks one way for years, all of the sudden wear stirrups, it isn't even logical to think that.

This is all very strange to me, and the Rockies aren't winning the World Series.

Several things,

First - I enjoy every moment of what I'm doing, and I am also doing several other things - things that are much more concrete and don't need public attention

Second - What is that reason? Because you mentioned it several times and didn't say what it is. They do not look awful, they are beautiful (an opinion). I never said you had to support my movement, only that you were welcome to. Also, I don't yell at players, that would be rude. I would also gander that they do not think I am crazy.

"Players are going to wear their socks the way they always do" - The way they always used to do it was with stirrups, then something happened, and not something is happening again.

Third - Neither are the Yankees. And the Devils won't win the cup either <_<

It truly would be a shame if everyone ignored their passions and ridiculed others for theirs.

A true realist would understand that in real situations, real people change their minds, for a multitude of real reasons.

Check the facts: http://www.raysindex.com/2012/05/bj-upton-is-a-better-hitter-when-he-wears-high-socks-seriously.html

BJ Upton wears his socks high all the time now thanks to the article stated previously.

you forgot "IMO."

also, i'm sure the founding fathers would find your views on protesting curious.

sig2024.png

I just find it to be a waste of time

If you think this is a waste of time, then why the hell are you wasting your time posting in this thread?

A short post versus the time it takes to do what he is doing? Yeah, really comparable.

Nice try.

I apologize for my constant updates in the past, I no longer wish to do that. Go ahead and call me out if I do it again, I understand that it was annoying.

Several things,

First - I enjoy every moment of what I'm doing, and I am also doing several other things - things that are much more concrete and don't need public attention

Second - What is that reason? Because you mentioned it several times and didn't say what it is. They do not look awful, they are beautiful (an opinion). I never said you had to support my movement, only that you were welcome to. Also, I don't yell at players, that would be rude. I would also gander that they do not think I am crazy.

"Players are going to wear their socks the way they always do" - The way they always used to do it was with stirrups, then something happened, and not something is happening again.

Third - Neither are the Yankees. And the Devils won't win the cup either <_<

If you enjoy it, good for you man. I don't feel like this really needs public attention.

So your reason, if you feel they look beautiful (they don't), and I would think they find it odd some guy is so into the socks they wear.

The way they always used to? When there wasn't a choice? This is 2012, a huge majority of these players have never worn stirrups. Something happened, called newer socks that didn't need 2 layers and didn't look like womens leggings. The players now don't wear them, have always worn them normally or with high socks. Not something is happening again? Are you going to end all sock companies that don't make stirrups? You sound insane, seriously.

I never stated the Yankees would win the Series nor Devils would win the cup. I hope both teams win, but never made the statement you did.

It truly would be a shame if everyone ignored their passions and ridiculed others for theirs.

A true realist would understand that in real situations, real people change their minds, for a multitude of real reasons.

Check the facts: http://www.raysindex.com/2012/05/bj-upton-is-a-better-hitter-when-he-wears-high-socks-seriously.html

BJ Upton wears his socks high all the time now thanks to the article stated previously.

I just don't get the passion, it seems really odd and is something you can't force people to do.

Your link just proves that he was superstitious, like tons of athletes, and when he did better one way he kept it. He wasn't forced to wear his socks one way. Someone pointed out a stats oddity.

Also, a "rays fan", lol. Thanks for the laughs.

Your link helped my point. Thanks.

you forgot "IMO."

also, i'm sure the founding fathers would find your views on protesting curious.

As a post on a forum, it's usually implied it's my opinion.

The founding fathers would find it curious we do many things, but for protesting, the times are much different. Protesting is not an effective way to get much done, other than cause problems, namely domestic terrorism with these occupy clowns. Making a mess, screaming at people, and spending your days, weeks, and/or months walking around with signs really screams to me that person needs a job or hobby.

This thread really belongs in the lounge or elsewhere I feel, it really isn't relevant to logos.

2ly2w09.jpg

A fun, grassroots effort like this certainly belongs in this forum. Stirrups are a special and unique uniform element that is not mandated by baseball, as well as being an ever evolving practice.

If stirrups aren't your thing, fine. But don't berate another poster because you deem his efforts a waste of time. The over 140 pages of the nfl uniform discussion contain a much larger concentration of banality than this thread.

IMO

Legend,

I have a full time job and this is my hobby. I do not yell at players or fans. I simply make a statement and if anyone wants to know more they can come to a place like this, ya know where people obsess about what athletes wear every single day.

Your criticism is not welcome or necessary, but you should also know that it accomplishes nothing - the movement will roll on with or without you.

I'm just a baseball fan that started a fan movement about uniforms in the mountains somewhere. I have already experienced more success than I ever could have dreamed of, so now I'm just gonna roll with it! :rolleyes:

If you don't like stirrups, so be it, I never said you had to. But please don't turn my thread into just another argument.

Jake

I'm not angry, and honestly not trying to be an :censored:. Not every person needs to think this idea is stellar. I'm just pointing out the oddities of what he is saying and the lack of logic behind what he wants to accomplish. Even if it was something I thought was uglier than stirrups, not much, but had a chance to work I would say good luck man. But this isn't that. Have you read his blog? He honestly scares me. John Hinckley style.

You can't take criticism?

Dude, you are trying to force an entire team to wear some ugly stirrups. Yes, you think they look great, everyone knows that by now. But you can't force every player on one team to wear them. There are pipe dreams and long shots, but this is just too illogical.

Maybe your friends and family have blind support, but I feel criticism is ok when it's something like this. Some of the things you say really make me question your age and sanity.

This thread was made after your last one crashed and burned, and so it should be open to people that question this "movement". (I shuddered as I typed that).

I'm not thread crapping, trolling, or whatever cute term one would come up with merely because I'm a detractor. I'm just discussing the topic at hand without supporting it. You have to expect not everyone is going to be supportive of the idea, when maybe to others like myself it doesn't make sense.

2ly2w09.jpg

Archived