Oklahoma City...? *UPDATED* - Multiple Nicknames

McCall

OKC-Drillers_Maroon.png

How about adding a basketball somewhere? Like laces in the oil drop or a basketball between the two sides of the derrick.

Had the laces in the oil drop to begin with, but it looked awkward. I may try and see if I can integrate it in there a little better. Sorry it's taken me awhile to get all these updates and uniforms up there. I've had family come in this week for my brother's wedding on Saturday. That plus we started a new homestand (though only 4 games) has made me pretty busy, and we got rehearsal tomorrow and the wedding on Saturday, plus gathering on Sunday as well as work, so it may be early next week. I'm taking Monday off of work so I can hopefully get some of this done then. Thanks for all the great comments.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, since Drillers was seeming to be not likely a choice, I went ahead and started on a "Twisters" concept, only to have it come out that "Thunder" was the likely choice, and now other names registered popping up, none of them Drillers OR Twisters. Well, I went ahead and finished my Twisters logo anyway. I may work on a Thunder logo too, and will probably just post it in this same thread so as not to keep clogging up the forum with multiple threads from me on the same team.

As for the logo, it's not quite complete. I need a little work on the "dust clouds". Right now there just kind of basic. But when I looked a the logo as a whole and didn't really focus on the clouds, it more or less appeared how I was hoping. So I'm posting it as is and will continue to work with the clouds. I may even add a "bubble" in the middle of the two sets of clouds to connect them, and may make it into a "basketball cloud." I also need to tweak the highlights on them. I kinda kept the same colors as the Drillers concept, only ditched maroon. I also added a lighter gold/tan color for highlighting effect. Here it is:

OKC-Twisters.png

Let me know what you think. I've made an "Oklahoma City" wordmark and numerals to go with it, so this one I may actually do a uniform concept for, but I may hold off if I can think of a good "Thunder" concept. I may use the same lettering and numerals and basic layout for a Thunder concept if most deem it worthy. Thanks.

Okay, since Drillers was seeming to be not likely a choice, I went ahead and started on a "Twisters" concept, only to have it come out that "Thunder" was the likely choice, and now other names registered popping up, none of them Drillers OR Twisters. Well, I went ahead and finished my Twisters logo anyway. I may work on a Thunder logo too, and will probably just post it in this same thread so as not to keep clogging up the forum with multiple threads from me on the same team.

As for the logo, it's not quite complete. I need a little work on the "dust clouds". Right now there just kind of basic. But when I looked a the logo as a whole and didn't really focus on the clouds, it more or less appeared how I was hoping. So I'm posting it as is and will continue to work with the clouds. I may even add a "bubble" in the middle of the two sets of clouds to connect them, and may make it into a "basketball cloud." I also need to tweak the highlights on them. I kinda kept the same colors as the Drillers concept, only ditched maroon. I also added a lighter gold/tan color for highlighting effect. Here it is:

OKC-Twisters.png

Let me know what you think. I've made an "Oklahoma City" wordmark and numerals to go with it, so this one I may actually do a uniform concept for, but I may hold off if I can think of a good "Thunder" concept. I may use the same lettering and numerals and basic layout for a Thunder concept if most deem it worthy. Thanks.

Thats really nice!! Unfortunately its not going to be one of the names. Add Kansas City to that though and you got a new team for the Sprint Center!

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Archived