Hampton Roads Wiffle Ball League...

daschuck77

I live in Norfolk, Virginia and what started as a random 100 degree day of a couple thirty somethings drunkenly re-living past childhood glory has slowly evolved over the last month. I invested in some serious PVC pipe and created foul poles, a strike zone, and backstop. I had laser engravings made of the fields dimensions, chalked the lines in my back yard, mowed base lines into the grass, put up a flag and stadium plaque, and made the national anthem mandatory before each day's worth of games. I'm considering parlaying the anthem with a mandatory Jager Bomb or beer shotgun as well.

This is my first logo done and I used Corel Draw. Nothing fancy for a rookie.

Hampton Roads is a seven city region in Southeast Virginia. The star-bullseye in the logo covers an area of each city. We only use official wiffle ball products and do allow taping of the bats. House beer is Natural Light. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Hope you guys like the logo!

wiffleballlogoDraft1.jpg

The idea behind the logo is good, but for some reason, I don't feel like the logo flows together all too well. It seems like every aspect of it is separate. Maybe make it one of those circle logos? Put "HRWL" on the outside of the logo, the state, star and ball in the center, and completely leave out the bat. Just play around with things.

LB2nd.png

chicagowhitesox.pngchicagobears.pngchicagobulls.pngchicagoblackhawks.pngchicagofire.png

I'm not totally sold on the bat at the bottom of the map. Other than that, I like it.

Beyond that, let's see some pics of the field/stadium. :D

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

That's definitely a wiffle ball. However, is that really a wiffle bat? I thought wiffle bats were those long skinny plastic yellow bats. If you are going to use a bat in the logo, I would think that would be what you would want to show it as. Anyway, all the components for a good logo are there. You could get by with it now, but keep experimenting with it.

And, please, lets see some pictures of your field!

LT

That's definitely a wiffle ball. However, is that really a wiffle bat? I thought wiffle bats were those long skinny plastic yellow bats. If you are going to use a bat in the logo, I would think that would be what you would want to show it as. Anyway, all the components for a good logo are there. You could get by with it now, but keep experimenting with it.

And, please, lets see some pictures of your field!

LT

Yeah...I could have used an all yellow bat and less thickness on the outlines to make it look more thin and "authentic". Here is a try...

wiffleballlogoDraft2.jpg

Don't worry, I will post some pics up! It's no Little Fenway ( www.littlefenway.com) but we have to put some finishing touches up and some more work to do (all without pissing off our wives!). I will be sure to post some up. We are playing on Sunday.

Here is a circular revision...I think it flows a little better. Thanks for the advice!

CircularwiffleballlogoDraft3.jpg

I'm liking it more already, man. Perhaps match the two shades of yellow? Great to see other Corel users out there ^_^

LT

I color matched as close as I could as the bullseye star combo was from...forgive me...clip art. I like that clip art because of the seven elements...the five from the star and two background elements representing the seven cities.

CircularwiffleballlogoDraft3Oran-1.jpg

Now it looks like the ball's being levitated... as if by magic. No offense, but without the bat the look seems kinda silly to me.

I like both...but the problem with the bat is getting it in proper balance and position within the logo...with the bullseye star, I can imagine that some drunk just hit the crap out of the ball in one of the cities and it is on its way to neighboring West Virginia...I think the unmistakeable wiffle ball itself can exist without its bat within the logo.

Here is a preview of some of the signage i have to hang up once the weather gets right...

It indeed is 69' down the left field line. 76' to left 83' and 77' to the power alleys, 90' to the deepest part of the park and 67' to the adult beverage staging area...

clip_image001.jpg

...with the bullseye star, I can imagine that some drunk just hit the crap out of the ball in one of the cities and it is on its way to neighboring West Virginia...I think the unmistakeable wiffle ball itself can exist without its bat within the logo.

Agreed. In the original version, I never thought of the bat as having hit the ball (especially because the bat was stationary), so it isn't necessary for that purpose.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

...with the bullseye star, I can imagine that some drunk just hit the crap out of the ball in one of the cities and it is on its way to neighboring West Virginia...I think the unmistakeable wiffle ball itself can exist without its bat within the logo.

Agreed. In the original version, I never thought of the bat as having hit the ball (especially because the bat was stationary), so it isn't necessary for that purpose.

Just got the Ballpark's sign polyurethaned and ready for mounting outside...

I'm using Copperplate T Bold font for all the field's signage in case anyone was wondering. It reminds me of a good old time baseball when I see it in print and looks good with the red brick of my house which also is the left field wall.

PIC-0101.jpg

Archived