MLL All Star Game(Major League Lacrosse)

roxfan00

Don't know if this has been covered, but here is the logo for this years All Star Game to be played in Denver.

Denver-announces-AS-Logo.jpg

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

• 2 weeks later...
Not much to it really. Kinda plaimn. It almost looks like the logo for the MLS game at Dick's Sporting Goods Park last year.

That reminds me, I think the Outlaws should move to Dick's Sporting Goods Park...The Machine play at Toyota Park, and the Riptide play at Home Depot Center, so why not?

bYhYmxh.png

That reminds me, I think the Outlaws should move to Dick's Sporting Goods Park...The Machine play at Toyota Park, and the Riptide play at Home Depot Center, so why not?

Because Dick's Sporting Goods Park is operated by Kroenke Sports Enterprises, which - amongst other pro sports teams - owns the National Lacrosse League's Colorado Mammoth. In addition to its current December-to-April indoor season, the NLL has been considering the launch of an outdoor season, as well. One can presume that Kroenke Sports Enterprises would seek to have the Mammoth play their home games in an outdoor NLL at Dick's Sporting Goods Park.

Further, the Denver Outlaws of Major League Lacrosse were brought to the market by Pat Bowlen's Edge Sports & Entertainment. Mr. Bowlen's top sports property is the Denver Broncos football franchise, the primary tenant of Invesco Field at Mile High... which is also home to the Outlaws.

Because Dick's Sporting Goods Park is operated by Kroenke Sports Enterprises, which - amongst other pro sports teams - owns the National Lacrosse League's Colorado Mammoth. In addition to its current December-to-April indoor season, the NLL has been considering the launch of an outdoor season, as well. One can presume that Kroenke Sports Enterprises would seek to have the Mammoth play their home games in an outdoor NLL at Dick's Sporting Goods Park.

Further, the Denver Outlaws of Major League Lacrosse were brought to the market by Pat Bowlen's Edge Sports & Entertainment. Mr. Bowlen's top sports property is the Denver Broncos football franchise, the primary tenant of Invesco Field at Mile High... which is also home to the Outlaws.

So would they play box lacrosse or outdoor lacrosse? I don't think there would be enough demand for both teams playing outdoors, even ina very outdoorsy Denver, Colorado

So would they play box lacrosse or outdoor lacrosse? I don't think there would be enough demand for both teams playing outdoors, even ina very outdoorsy Denver, Colorado

My understanding is that if the NLL ever successfully launched its outdoor venture, the league would play box lacrosse during the winter season and outdoor lacrosse during the summer season.

Clearly, the market doesn't exist for two outdoor lacrosse leagues to be operating franchises in the Denver market concurrently... or, in any market for that matter. The NLL's hope is to force a merger with the MLL in the summer, or - barring that - to force the MLL out of business.

All of this said, I haven't heard much out of the NLL about their proposed summer venture in awhile.

Archived