Nhl switching jerseys in 2003/04

CC97

It makes sense why the NHl switched. So many teams were wearing alternates for home games that the road team had to bring two sets of uniforms, which includes the jersey, socks, and helmets. Especially with airline security today.

the way you remedy that is you preschedule your alternate jersey games which I think most hockey teams do already. That way road teams don't have to guess which jersey they are wearing.

I don't really care either way, I mean not all white jerseys are the same and I think there is still enough color variety in the whites for that not to be a problem, I mean you wouldn't confuse Dallas's white jersey with Detroit's

But when teams used to go on road trips for more than one game at a time and one of the teams was wearing their alternate, then the road team had to take both sets of jerseys throughout the whole road trip.

th_island1-med.gifStanley Cups 1980,1981,1982,1983

th_dodgers1-med.gifWorld Series Titles 1955,1959,1963,1965,1981,1988

th_boys1-med.gifSuper Bowl Titles VI,XII,XXVII,XXVIII,XXXth_jet2-med.gifSuper Bowl Title III

th_ny1-med.gifth_norangers-med.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"The Broadway Blue Shirts"

"The Black and Gold"

"Le Bleu, Blanc, et Rouge"

Someone previously said that many NHL clubs are identified by their dark jerseys. I think that this is absolutely true. I think that it should be the home team's prerogative.

Except the Rangers, those nicknames apply just as much to their teams in white. Also, the Red Wings and Maple Leafs are notable cases of the white being the sweater you associate with the team.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It makes sense why the NHl switched. So many teams were wearing alternates for home games that the road team had to bring two sets of uniforms, which includes the jersey, socks, and helmets. Especially with airline security today.

the way you remedy that is you preschedule your alternate jersey games which I think most hockey teams do already. That way road teams don't have to guess which jersey they are wearing.

I don't really care either way, I mean not all white jerseys are the same and I think there is still enough color variety in the whites for that not to be a problem, I mean you wouldn't confuse Dallas's white jersey with Detroit's

But when teams used to go on road trips for more than one game at a time and one of the teams was wearing their alternate, then the road team had to take both sets of jerseys throughout the whole road trip.

i guess that makes sense, but how many extra bags is that?, like 5?

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

i guess that makes sense, but how many extra bags is that?, like 5?

Hmmm...let me see...

Every single player travelling with the team plus extras of each model of helmet - approximately 30 extra helmets

A complete cresting kit for the jersey set to account for the possibility of trades, damaged jerseys, etc.

Two jerseys for every player travelling with the team plus 3 spares in each size (52, 54, 56, 58, 56G, 58G - approximately 70 jerseys

2 pairs of socks for each player plus 10 extra pairs in case of emergency - approximately 50 pairs

I'm thinking about 8 - 10 full gear bags extra (that's 42 inch by 20 inch by 20 inch)

Considering all the hassle with carrying the extra gear plus clearing customs with it the amount of time saved without it can be great.

Archived