PRODIGY THREAD: APPRENTICE

-(dp)-

I thought it would be cool to try a Derek Jeter Air Jordan logo, being he uses the logo of MJ on his products. I think it turned out pretty well but it's just a fairly rough mockup, I'm hoping to go back in and add some more detail to the vector.

jeterjordan.png

Wouldn't "The Flip" be a more apropos symbol for Jeter?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thinking about it, is Devin Hester really a big marketable player? Aside from kick returns he doesn't do anything. Just saying. Guy like Peyton Manning, Vince Young, Reggie Bush, would make more sense.

Come on, I'm disappointed after coming back from a full day gone to see 2 posts made.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

How about Vince Young? Very marketable. I've been playing around with a logo, and I've found V and Y go together very nicely. Something maybe even with a Longhorn logo could work, since that forms a V/Y in itself. If anyone wants to work with that it'd be great as well.

spacer.png

How about Vince Young? Very marketable. I've been playing around with a logo, and I've found V and Y go together very nicely. Something maybe even with a Longhorn logo could work, since that forms a V/Y in itself. If anyone wants to work with that it'd be great as well.

He already has a logo.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

He already has a logo.

....that too

Thinking about it, is Devin Hester really a big marketable player? Aside from kick returns he doesn't do anything. Just saying. Guy like Peyton Manning, Vince Young, Reggie Bush, would make more sense.

Come on, I'm disappointed after coming back from a full day gone to see 2 posts made.

I would say he is marketable. He is by far the best kick/punt returner in the NFL. I think people seem to really like a player who can make the exciting plays, over people who just make a lot of good plays. They usually prefer exciting players over just a really solid player. Especially younger kids, who are more likely to wearan athlete's brand anyways.

And sorry I wasn't around all day today, I was out of town.

MegatronSig2.jpg

While lying in my bed last night, I realized what it is that's making me dislike the Hester logo. It's that I think the flames are waaay too forced, and the logo suffers a lot from it. Think about it, does an H naturally form into motion curves and flames? A D somewhat does, but it just doesn't look good when they're too forced. The solution I thought of was instead of using DH, use his number, 23. Both those numbers flow well together and naturally can form the flames you're trying to achieve. You can even mesh together the bottom base of the 2 and the bottom curve on the 3. IMO, that would flow much better and ultimately make it look much better.

devin, could you elaborate on what exactly I should do with the Peterson logo? You say it has enough potential for me to go back to it, but I'm just curious as to what you think could be done.

spacer.png

While lying in my bed last night, I realized what it is that's making me dislike the Hester logo. It's that I think the flames are waaay too forced, and the logo suffers a lot from it. Think about it, does an H naturally form into motion curves and flames? A D somewhat does, but it just doesn't look good when they're too forced. The solution I thought of was instead of using DH, use his number, 23. Both those numbers flow well together and naturally can form the flames you're trying to achieve. You can even mesh together the bottom base of the 2 and the bottom curve on the 3. IMO, that would flow much better and ultimately make it look much better.

devin, could you elaborate on what exactly I should do with the Peterson logo? You say it has enough potential for me to go back to it, but I'm just curious as to what you think could be done.

That is actually supposed to be a wing. I might try somethingwith a 23, but I think the D forms the shape I wanted better than a 2.

And the Peterson logo was just a rough sketch, you said. I don't think it resembles a clock enough. Also, I don't think most people would realize the hands are pointing to 2 and 8. Maybe add the 12 notches around it? I don't know, I am still not sure if it would say 'All Day', but I think it might be worth a try. It is something more unique than some initials and a number.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Okay, here is kinda what I meant with the Adrian Peterson logo. I am still not sure if it says 'All Day' though. I am also not sure if it really looks like an athletes logo.

AllDay.png

Yeah, it's a nice graphic but it doesn't say athletic logo to me. I've been working on and off all day trying to make an Adrian Peterson logo but nothing creative is popping into my head, just basic monogram type logos..

Err, yeah, I agree. It'd be great if it was meant for like a NASCAR driver or something, but not for football. Oh well.

Here's what I'd like: to have at least decided on a player (or list of 3 players max) that we're doing this for, by midnight tomorrow (Saturday, technically sunday). I'll just say 11:59 saturday. I really don't want this to be rushed in the last few days, so let's get ahead of the beat and get a lot done now. Also, if anyone feels their incompetent at making a logo in this event (which you shouldn't feel), don't fret and look for some action photos (real life) or even blank templates (graphic) that we could put these logos on. Shirts, shoes, hats, hell even wallets! Anything, just look for a picture that A. allows the viewer to accurately and clearly depict the logo and B. is easy to apply in photoshop.

spacer.png

Yeah, ive hit major block with this challenge. I'll round up some stuff we can put the logos on. I might be able to do some photoshopping, but im still honing my skills.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

just thinking out loud (or in inkscape), and another guy that could easily use a logo, dwight howard, nicknamed man child.

i don't know if this really works, obviously if we were to use it it would need some decorating.

dwighthoward.png

The first is a 1 and 2 (his number) forming an "h." The second is just an added leg to form a capital H. The third adds another element on the left side, to make a "d" as well. The bottom are just changing colors or unifying them.

spacer.png

I have a sudden urge to play Tetris....

Just playing. It does seem a bit too blocky to me though. I like the bottom middle one the best. I think having a solid, continuous shape on the outside, like the bottom right, with a thinner version of the numbers on the inside in a different color, would look better. That way it would look broken up too much.

Also, I photoshopped the flying DH on Mr. Hester really quick:

DevinHester2.png

MegatronSig2.jpg

So I've been working with this sort of design, alternating lines in a kind of criss cross pattern, looking for a player that it applies to, and I finally found one. Derrick Rose. For some reason I really like it, but if you guys don't feel the same, so be it. D and R made with the criss cross pattern, pretty self explanatory.

rose.png

spacer.png

Archived