Blues Fire Quenville

STL FANATIC

I have no details. Just was apparently reported on the news. Maybe a 6:30 press conference. I'm so ticked...

And the best in your teams history. This will not help the team with 20 games left. Especially if they just make the assitant the interim coach for the rest of the year. If they want it to do any good, the HAVE to go get a new and good coach to energize the team. Maybe Bowman wants to end his retirement and come back to St. Louis...?

Nooooooooooooooo.... say it ain't so!

Nothing yet on stlouisblues.com, stltoday.com, or espn.com as of yet. Carp.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I guess I can't say this is surprising, considering the Blues slide... Quennville is a good coach, and unless Glen Sather really is nuts, he will be the next coach of the Rangers.

This doesn't look too good for the blues, with their 25+ year playoff-streak on the line, then again perhaps this will motivate them.

I wonder if Al MacInnis is interested in becoming the head coach.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I guess I can't say this is surprising, considering the Blues slide... Quennville is a good coach, and unless Glen Sather really is nuts, he will be the next coach of the Rangers.

This doesn't look too good for the blues, with their 25+ year playoff-streak on the line, then again perhaps this will motivate them.

I wonder if Al MacInnis is interested in becoming the head coach.

Chris your last idea is pure genious. Two options now could make me happy. Al or Bowman. Of course, Al couldn't fill in now, he can't say the ice well enough to coach probably.

While I do think this is a stupid move, I have to disagree with you saying it will have no effect if an assistant steps in. It can. I remember in 2000 the Devils were in first place in the east with 8 games to go and fired thier coach. They ended up falling out of first. However it did have an effect as the team went on to win the Stanley Cup. Although that is a rarity, it can have an effect.

St. Louis Blues Relieve Joel Quenneville Of Coaching Duties Name Mike Kitchen As Head Coach

ST. LOUIS, Feb. 24, 2004 - St. Louis Blues senior vice president and general manager Larry Pleau today relieved Joel Quenneville of his duties as head coach of the St. Louis Blues. Pleau also announced that current assistant coach Mike Kitchen has been given a multi-year contract as the new head coach of the Blues. In addition, Blues goaltending coach Keith Allain will serve as an assistant coach for the remainder of the season.

"Mike Kitchen has the familiarity with our current roster and our prospects that we believe will make a difference and ease in the transition as we push forward toward the playoffs," Pleau said. "He's a solid hockey coach, one who has the respect of everyone in our locker room, organization, and around the NHL. The Blues are his team."

Kitchen, 48, becomes the 20th head coach in Blues history and has served as an assistant coach with the club since the 1998-99 season. Prior to joining the Blues, Kitchen served as an assistant coach for the Toronto Maple Leafs from 1990-98.

Quenneville leaves the Blues as their winningest head coach, with 307 wins, 191 losses, 77 ties and 18 overtime defeats through 593 regular season games behind the bench. However, the Blues have won only four of their last 16 games and are currently 29-23-7-2, ranking third in the Central Division and ninth in the Western Conference.

"Joel has gotten everything he possibly can out of our club and given the Blues eight excellent seasons behind our bench," Pleau said. "We need to recharge and redirect our team. Our current roster is the same team that went 20-6-3-1 through our first 30 games. Our expectations for this team remain high."

# # #

That's from stlouisblues.com by the way.

And yes, it does say they've given him a multi-year head coaching deal...before he's even coach a game...WTF?!

Oh well, we'll rally around him, make the playoffs, and when the Cup, but the easiest way to get somewhere is a straight line and we did not take it...

This is trully a dumb move by the Blues I really can not belive it you do not fire a coach like Qunneville. The Blues have had so many injuries yet they are still in the playoff race.

The Blues will regret this move.

I completely agree with Chris he should be hired by the Rangers tommorow. They already blew chances to hire Ken Hitchcock and Bob Hartley they can not allow Quenneville to go elsewhere too.

If Sather does not make the right move and go to the front office then he not only deserves to be fired, but removed from the Hall of Fame as a fraud, since I could have won with those Oilers teams that put him into the Hall any way.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Well, unfortunatly Sather stepped down as Rangers coach today. But fortunatly he will still be the gm. of course I say this as a life long Drvils fan who wants to see the Rangers playoffless streak go one for many years into the future.

Though as the Rangers coach Sather showed how with the Rangers money he could win every year. :D

Do you think the Rangers will go after Quinville next year. No they will probably hire someone who ahs never coached before and he will only last 50 something games.

Archived