HandRiba - Handball team, Brazil

ZEIN

Hi,

I'm new here and I'd like to ask your opinion about this logo.

HandRiba is a Handball amateur team from a small town near from Rio de Janeiro called Rio Bonito (Riba), RJ, Brazil. The group are basically formed by highschool and college students and it was founded in 2003.

The first logo I made for them in 2004, which you can find here :cry:

Well, I'm trying to redesign it with a whole new concept, not based in european soccer logos but in North American sports language (baseball, hockey, football, etc..) and I need some suggestions.

What do you think.

handribajv3.jpg

I really wish the options were more...diverse. They all have the same font, same ball, same flames. Out of the ones you have created I like the second one the best but probably just because the first one uses a weird skew effect on the text and the ball is coming apart, and because the second one has text that is too small and the shield separates the ball from the flames. I wish you expanded more on these.

Thank you guys.

eRay, I tried several fonts, colors and styles but these three were choosen by the team's owner. Now I'm trying to improve them.

I didn't like the skew effect in the first logo, maybe more practicing in this "kind of visual language". Perhaps if I had a tablet I could test a handwritten version or a more precise bounding box.

Thank you guys.

eRay, I tried several fonts, colors and styles but these three were choosen by the team's owner. Now I'm trying to improve them.

I didn't like the skew effect in the first logo, maybe more practicing in this "kind of visual language". Perhaps if I had a tablet I could test a handwritten version or a more precise bounding box.

You need to fix the blue outline. The points on the flame are getting squared off.

Thank you guys.

You need to fix the blue outline. The points on the flame are getting squared off.

That's one problem. I tried everything in Adobe Illustrator but I can't fix that by sorting the brushes.

I would like the first one best if you straightened out the text. Wordmarks shouldn't be skewed like that.

I`ll try a different box in the background of wordmarks.

That's one problem. I tried everything in Adobe Illustrator but I can't fix that by sorting the brushes.

You need to raise the miter limit when you create the offset path.

I don't know if it has anything to do with mitre limit. It looks to me more like the one lick of flame that's up-turned is the only offender. The flames appear to have a 3D effect that extends downward. The two flames that point downward look ok becuase they move with the 3D extension. The one up-turned flame doesn't go with the 3D bit, so it displays the full extension. Just trim that bit off and make it an outline like the others look? There's no reason to 3D the flames and then nothing else.

I think I tried that too.

I don't know if it has anything to do with mitre limit. It looks to me more like the one lick of flame that's up-turned is the only offender. The flames appear to have a 3D effect that extends downward. The two flames that point downward look ok becuase they move with the 3D extension. The one up-turned flame doesn't go with the 3D bit, so it displays the full extension. Just trim that bit off and make it an outline like the others look? There's no reason to 3D the flames and then nothing else.

No there isn't 3D effects in the flames. They are differents flames, one yellow, and other the blue is behind the yellow with a blue outline (stroke). I try to set up different types of brushes for the stroke to correct that flame but I cant get nothing.

I think I tried that too.

No there isn't 3D effects in the flames. They are differents flames, one yellow, and other the blue is behind the yellow with a blue outline (stroke). I try to set up different types of brushes for the stroke to correct that flame but I cant get nothing.

It usually "squares-off" when the bezier points have the pull bars at a weird angle. It drives me crazy when I run into the same problem. Usually I put the outline on its own layer underneath the object being outlined, and then custom adjust the outline's point. Usually you can fix it that way.

Archived