A Texas Rangers idea

pflava

The Rangers current uniforms bug the crap out of me, because they have the potential to be great but end up missing the mark entirely. For one thing, the multiple wordmark outlines on the jersey are a mess and all that red and white around the blue ends up looking kind of purple to me. And the red dropshadow on the white T cap logo looks bush league. I do love the font they use, though, so I kept that.

Most of you probably read the rumor about the possible Rangers changes on UniWatch - more red, "Texas" on the home and road, a red alternate. I went with that in coming up with this idea. Gone are the dropshadows and multiple outlines. I went with the red jersey wordmark because red looks better outlined in blue than blue does in red (and I like the way it pops out against all the blue trim). I also like the red-billed cap - it pulls the 3 colors together and is a nod to the Rangers past. And I know we'd never see stirrups, but the striping on these is meant to balance out the red in the uniform.

The red alternate is there just because they mentioned a red jersey. It's nothing special.

And so.....

Rangerspng.png

Nice work.... Not a fan of 2 tone hats in general, but this one is not so bad. Really like the red jersey, it's sharp!!!

I hope they don't go through with the "Texas" thing on the home uni's.... I think that would be a faux pas.... The home jersey should always be the teams nickname... although if they do, I hope they do something like this. The only thing that seems a bit "off" is the solid blue lettering on the front... I dunno what you would do to change it, it just seems a little outta place.. all in all good job!!!

franchise.jpg

Archived