Boston Bruins 3rd

gingerbreadmann

Well as we all know the Bruins unveiled their 2008-09 3rd jersey last night. And as we know as well, it looks very, very solid. However, the B's didn't have to stick with black and be boring. They didn't have to remove the hemline. They didn't have to put anything on the shoulder. But they did. So I'm here to fix that. This idea which I just put together in the last half hour or so is pretty close to what I would kill to see in a Bruins team, as I have shown before. This one, however is pretty simple and cleaner. Notably I used the other alternate as the primary, the one with "Boston" on top instead of "Bruins," as has been done throughout history. I stuck with a simple double stripe throughout and ran with it. I made the color yellow, and recolored the logo to fit in with the yellow color better. Oh yeah, and I used brown. The focus is on the jersey since I'm no pants/socks/helmet expert by any means. Well, what do you think?

bruins3rd.png

a few things i'd fix to make it better:

the brown is way too light. i'd go with a more chocolate color, which would make it stand out less... chocolate brown is my favorite color, and i'd kill to see an NHL team use it.

also, the socks need to be yellow. make them match the jersey. yellow socks with striping that matches the hem of the sweater.

i'd also slap the HUB on the shoulders. but that's just me.

i like where you're going with this concept.

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

AsM: I do agree with you, I'm in the same boat. I used to want them to change the black to brown but I agree now that they should keep it. However, a 3rd is a chance to pay homage to your history, and as you know brown was used predominantly in the earlier years and it still can look sharp. I did change the brown to make it darker as Cole suggested, which makes it look more modern while keeping the whole brown look. And I made a black one as well so you can compare. (Now I see I left the Rbk logos brown. Oh well.) What do you think?

Also I did add the Hub logo on the shoulders, I am still on the fence with those but it doesn't clutter it up too much and I hope it keeps the simplicity. And thanks Cole, I made the socks yellow. Does it look better? Worse? Thanks.

bruins3rd3.png

bruins3rd2.png

Archived