PRODIGY: Challenge 8

maz

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm. Perhaps the bigger gaps are better.

Also, im not a fan of the new cream color. I think I liked the old one better.

My revisions to the jersey will be up soon.

EDIT: I just noticed. The end of the part of the handle of the axe inside the C does not follow the contour of the C on the big gaps version. Might want to fix that.

oBIgzrL.png

Yep. Its due by 11:59 PM tomorrow.

Here are the revised unis.

prodideclvlndfrstrs2.png

I used only 5 stripes per dp's suggestion, and made them smaller. Also, I got rid of the colored yoke on the away (which wold be the brown one in those days) jersey as neither green or cream looked right on it, and made brown the primarily used color.

I added on the logo for effect. Its a tiny bit small, but this was commonplace back then. I also left out the back, as this was just a way of getting my ideas down. Obviously for the final we would want to see the back on a retro template.

Which leads to number and letter fonts. I think we shold go with classic block letters and numbers. Everyone used them then, and going for a unique font may draw us away from the 1960's era in the NHL. Which means it would also be a good idea to exclude names on the back.

oBIgzrL.png

I think we can leave it as is. It will look better once the numbers are put on. Shoulder logos (probably the only thing I could add to the shoulders) were only used by two teams then, and few teams even had secondary logos. Jerseys back then tended to look plain so it fits with the era we're aiming for, and I think the colors and overall look is unique enough to make up for that.

oBIgzrL.png

Yeah, I knew we needed the patch. I will work on that. I just got home, so sorry I haven't been around today. I will work on tweaking the logo, and work on the patch. Maz, I like the new jersey much better. I don't know much about hockey uniforms, but what would cream colored pants look like with the brown jersey?

MegatronSig2.jpg

Yeah, I knew we needed the patch. I will work on that. I just got home, so sorry I haven't been around today. I will work on tweaking the logo, and work on the patch. Maz, I like the new jersey much better. I don't know much about hockey uniforms, but what would cream colored pants look like with the brown jersey?

Probably pretty bad. While its a good unique Idea, and may look good on paper, it could look bad on ice (or vice-versa). That, and very light colored pants wouldnt look very attractive late in the game....hockey is a very sweaty sport.

Nevertheless, Ill try it, just to see how it looks, but I dont think we should use it. I think we should try to keep green as the second color, as it makes more sense in foresting and all.

Also, I think we should try getting this on a retro template. I could edit this current one to be more retro in paint (and while im doing that I might as well finish it all off with the numbers and letters and such), and you could vectorize it and put it on the template, which might be easiest, or something else.

Also, we might want to look into making the handle more visible in some way. How it is right now is good, but im afraid the judges might think it gets lost too easy.

oBIgzrL.png

Alright, I changed the cream to a color closer to gold or tan, how is it? Also, like I said, I don't know much about hockey uniforms. After looking at NHLuniforms.com, I see that nobody really wear light colored pants (or whatever they call them), so maybe the cream colored pants would be a bad idea. Also, it is weird how monochromes are accepted, and many, such as the red wings all reds are considered to be good uniforms. In football, red monochromes are thought by most to be horrible. Weird to see how different things are acceptable in different sports. Really though, I don't like the brown over green look, but that is with very little hockey uniform knowledge. Also, I think the brown jersey needs some white, since the logo has a white outline. I am thinking gold-green-white-green-gold.

Foresterslogo4.png

Any other changes to the logo?

MegatronSig2.jpg

I still like the original cream best. That color doesnt look appealing at all IMO.

I think it would be a very bad idea to do all brown, for somewhat obvious reasons. That, and while it may be uncommon for a brown jersey, there may be a reason behind it that we are experiencing right now. Its a hard color to use sometimes.

I think we should have a green-primary jersey, but if you guys still want brown Ill do it.

That, and I also disagree with white being on the brown jersey. There is white aroudn the logo, but I think that should just serve as a seperator from the rest of the jersey.

Nevertheless, Ill try your new stripes idea.

oBIgzrL.png

Well, Ill gladly eat my words. The new gold and stripes actually look pretty good.

I also added the back, vintagized the template, and numbers and names.

prodideclvlndfrstrs3gld.png

I think we can use this design, and that logo. Time to work on a inagural season logo.

oBIgzrL.png

I like it, and it will have to do with the deadline being in three hours.

I will put it on the jersey, and then I think we can call it all done, put it on the template, and chestnutz can present it.

oBIgzrL.png

I like it, and it will have to do with the deadline being in three hours.

I will put it on the jersey, and then I think we can call it all done, put it on the template, and chestnutz can present it.

Where would a patch like this go on a hockey uniform? Also, should we vectorize the uniforms, or keep them as is? I don't have a vector hockey template.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Archived