Green Is... wearing black.

BBTV

NOBODY is overrated or media-shielded in Philadelphia

That's true.

But, nationally (which is what I was referring too), McNabb is treated as some elite, franchise QB. Its never his fault, when the Eagles lose. Its always the "play-calling" or "the coaching" or "the front office" or "lack of WR's", etc....

The ESPN talking heads are the worst. They kiss McNabb's posterior all day long.

Let's face the facts here. The Eagles have been a mediocre team for the last 4 years now. The only good stretch of football they have played (which got them into the playoffs 2 years ago), was with Jeff Garcia at QB.

McNabb can't do it anymore. His lack of mobility now, makes him a bottom 1/3 NFL QB. That mobility is the only thing that saved him for years. Once he lost that, his inaccuracy and his lack of consistancy, has turned the Eagles into a 8-8 type team and a middle-of-the-road offense. For a guy making the kind of coin he is, he is not even close to worth it.

Kolb, once he gets his feet wet and gets a few games of experience, will make the Eagles relevent again. And, McNabb will shuffle off to Minnesota or Chicago, and he will continue to be average and the ESPN morons will continue to defend him. The Eagles will save 10 million bucks next year (and use it to improve their TEAM in free agency), get Shawn Andrews back, get Westbrook healthy, use their 2 1st round picks to shore up weak areas, and be back in the playoffs next year.

And what crystal ball did you look into to see all this?

You speak as if this is all a guarantee.

He's not far off... except one MAJOR thing - Shawn Andrews has played his last game for the Eagles. According to various local reports, he has no more desire to play football. He has a lot of head issues, which he has been under treatment for, and apparently he just doesn't have it in him to play again. The "official" reason that he is out is his back surgury, but I think that (based on reports) he could play before the end of the year if he wanted to.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kolb will make people forget about the most overrated, media-shielded "star" of our time, Don McNabb.

Drew Brees came from a spread system in college. How's that working out? Others have as well.

Andre Ware came from the run-and-shoot, and didn't have good enough skills to be a NFL QB.

You can slap any name on the offense that you want. The spread option offense is still basically the run and shoot.

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

Archived