Green Is... wearing black.

BBTV

The Eagles big marketing campaign this season has been "Green Is..." followed by some stupid saying. They're supposedly really into being green. So what better way to be green, than to be black.

On Thanksgiving, the Eagles will be wearing their putrid black alts, and urging fans to create a "blackout". I lost an incredible amount of respect for this organization tonight... and not just for what they did (or didn't do) on the field.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those Philly Eagle alts are the most pointless alt jerseys in the entire NFL. The green the Eagles sport is dark enough...why even bother with a black alt? Put those colors next to each other, and there's little to no contrast at all.

Maybe they should look into doing a silver (or charcoal or whatever grayish color they use now) alt or, better yet, create an alternate based not on the 1933 look...but the Chuck Bednarik days! (At least that way Eagle Nation--and the rest of us by extension--could once again get a dose of that old beloved kelly green.)

I mean seriously..."midnight green" wasn't dark enough to look "tough" and "intimidating"? Do they gotta do the black thing, too?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Yes I love their black alts, I know I'm in the minority though.

Why don't they bring back the 1990s uniforms for one game, or the 1994 throwbacks??

Because the Eagles are of a dying breed; teams that think unnecessary black alternates are cool.

Why don't they bring back the 1990s uniforms for one game, or the 1994 throwbacks??

Because Jeff Lurie won't acknowledge that the kelly green ever existed since his wife hated it. Even when they bring back Buddy Ryan's players to honor them, their jerseys are the current ones.

cunningham_inside_060506.jpg

As I stated in an earlier thread that I started, the "blackout" idea has gone completely overboard and is overflowing all levels of sports...basketball, football....high school, college, nfl...even the White Sox did it.

Its very cool for the fans and the players involved, and I absolutely love the concept...but so many teams have done it and it gets old.

So, not being an Eagles fan, I dont like the idea...but im sure plenty of Eagles fans cant wait for the game.

temp.png

Because the Eagles are of a dying breed; teams that think unnecessary black alternates are cool.

When its a part of the Eagles color scheme (which it is), then its not unneccesary.

The black alts are fine. They wear them once a year. The world isn't going to end, if they wear a black jersey one time a year.

When its a part of the Eagles color scheme (which it is), then its not unneccesary.

The black alts are fine. They wear them once a year. The world isn't going to end, if they wear a black jersey one time a year.

Normally I would agree with you, the difference this time is that there entire marketing campaign centers around being "green", wearing green, going green (recycling), etc.

Now, pretending that all wasn't the case, I'd like to see them break out a black helmet with silver wings to go with the black jerseys. The green on the helmet is so dark that IMO it clashes with the black jersey.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Because Jeff Lurie won't acknowledge that the kelly green ever existed since his wife hated it. Even when they bring back Buddy Ryan's players to honor them, their jerseys are the current ones.

cunningham_inside_060506.jpg

BOOOO....bring back these!!!!

cunningham-randall-phe-1.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

The problem isn't that the black is extraneous to their color scheme. The problem is that the black is so close in color to the "midnight green" that they just look sort of messy when the green is used as an accent color on the black. For some reason, this problem isn't as significant when the black is used to accent the green.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

The Eagles big marketing campaign this season has been "Green Is..." followed by some stupid saying. They're supposedly really into being green. So what better way to be green, than to be black.

On Thanksgiving, the Eagles will be wearing their putrid black alts, and urging fans to create a "blackout". I lost an incredible amount of respect for this organization tonight... and not just for what they did (or didn't do) on the field.

Well the Eagles playoff hopes may soon be dead so they will wear black for the funeral :P

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Wow, what gets people down these days. Its sad...

beLEAF

All fans wearing same bright color that is an actual team color - good trend

All fans wearing black, especially when the team shouldnt have black in their look - lame trend

Whiteouts, Orange Crushes, Redouts... they work. Blackouts dont. It sort of depends on the layout of the place, and the usual color of the seats, but blackouts typically end up not looking as cool as the afromentioned events, and are stupid if black is not a color of that team.

oBIgzrL.png

Wow, what gets people down these days. Its sad...

Losing respect for someone / something != being down.

I like the Eagles black jerseys. Hopefully they'll wear the green pants with them.

I really liked that look, a few years ago, when they wore them together. It was surprisingly good and menacing. Kinda like the Jags, when they used to wear the teal jersey's with the black pants every-once-in-a-while. As a change-up look, it worked. I wouldn't be surprised, if the Jags went to this look this Sunday, considering how bad they have played at home this year and because they are playing the undefeated Titans. Hey, why not at this point?

I still can't quite figure, why, for a night game, that the Eagles haven't worn the green jersey's with green pants at home. In fact, since they switched to black shoes, I don't think they have ever worn this combo.

If the Eagles truly wanted to "go green" this year as part of their marketing campaign, this would be a real way to do it. Maybe for the Cleveland Monday Night game later in the year, the monochrome Eagles will make an appearance for once.

I like the Eagles black jerseys. Hopefully they'll wear the green pants with them.

I really liked that look, a few years ago, when they wore them together. It was surprisingly good and menacing. Kinda like the Jags, when they used to wear the teal jersey's with the black pants every-once-in-a-while. As a change-up look, it worked. I wouldn't be surprised, if the Jags went to this look this Sunday, considering how bad they have played at home this year and because they are playing the undefeated Titans. Hey, why not at this point?

I still can't quite figure, why, for a night game, that the Eagles haven't worn the green jersey's with green pants at home. In fact, since they switched to black shoes, I don't think they have ever worn this combo.

If the Eagles truly wanted to "go green" this year as part of their marketing campaign, this would be a real way to do it. Maybe for the Cleveland Monday Night game later in the year, the monochrome Eagles will make an appearance for once.

Wouldn't be the first time the Eagles have gone mono.

First time was way, waayyy back in 1997, against the Niners on MNF. Proof?

241789.jpg

241791.jpg

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived