Cowboys alternates This Week?

Buschwackers03

I noticed on ESPN that Dallas was wearing the alternate helmets during practice. Are They planning on wearing them in Washington this week?. I love the look and would be happy to see them instead of the regular road uni's. I'm not a fan of the regular road jersey. I know there are issues with it but I really like most of the white jerseys in the NFL.

29.gif

I don't think the Cowboys will be wearing their throwbacks at Washington. For one, they've only worn them in regular season games at home (they did wear them for a 'road' pre-season game vs. the Saints in Shrevesport two years ago.)

Also, as has been reported on this board, the Redsking are wearing Burgundy from here on out at FedExField.

QUOTE(S316 @ Thursday, July 31st, 2008 - 08:19:16)

The Redskins will be wearing white at home for their first 4 home games of the season and wear burgundy at home for their last 4 home games starting with the Pittsburgh game on 11/3.

So unless there's a secret White version of the throwback jersey that nobody's heard about, they were probably just using the bye-week to get a little more comfortable with the helmets.

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

Yes, but that thread later went on to say that the Skins would still wear white for the Cowboys. Plus, didn't Dallas wear the throwbacks to open the season at Jacksonville in 2007?

It was actually 2006, and Dallas wore their typical navy blue unis:

game4_091006_360.jpg

Yes, but that thread later went on to say that the Skins would still wear white for the Cowboys. Plus, didn't Dallas wear the throwbacks to open the season at Jacksonville in 2007?

Was there another thread regarding this subject? I went back to the original thread where I found the post and only saw one other reference to the Cowboys game, but that said they'd wear dark at home. I looked for the original article, but that link doesn't exist anymore.

Personally, I think every team in the league should wear white at home against the Cowboys. As a Giants fan growing up in the 80's, that was one of those quirks that got me interested in uniforms in the first place. I also blamed every Deion Sanders MNF football highlight reel play against the Giants on the fact that they went back to wearing Blue against Dallas at home.

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

Was there another thread regarding this subject? I went back to the original thread where I found the post and only saw one other reference to the Cowboys game, but that said they'd wear dark at home. I looked for the original article, but that link doesn't exist anymore.

Personally, I think every team in the league should wear white at home against the Cowboys. As a Giants fan growing up in the 80's, that was one of those quirks that got me interested in uniforms in the first place. I also blamed every Deion Sanders MNF football highlight reel play against the Giants on the fact that they went back to wearing Blue against Dallas at home.

The Giants quit wearing white at home against Dallas after the '87 season. From 1988-94, the Giants won five of seven at home against Dallas. So I would argue that wearing blue at home against the Cowboys had nothing to do with allowing Dallas to wear white.

The Deion highlight play happened around '98. I would chalk up the Deion play up to the Giants not having enough good players to stop Deion.

Archived