Dallas Stars Alternate

Linus

Alright, this is my first concept. I didnt do much with it because Im not gifted like many of the other artists on here. I did it in paint and did the best I could with what I had. It may be choppy at some parts but I just wanted to show off my idea.

Since Dallas seems to be limiting the amount of green being used, I went with a gold alternate with black and white stripes. I LOVE green in Dallas' uniform set but I wanted to see what a gold alt. would look like without green. I didnt want to put the Script on the front and I love the Texas State logo so I tried putting it on the front.

I didnt put any numbers or shoulder logo's because Im brutal with this kind of stuff.

Any C/C would be appreciated.

51244435qd8.png

beLEAF

It's an okay start but using a gold color for the jersey *cough* Nashville Predators third *cough* is not the way to go. I know it's difficult to choose a decent color for a third since the Stars are limited to about three colors, but I wouldn't mind seeing a third jersey based off of the Texas flag colors. Instead of the arm stripes that mimics what the Stars already have, why not try a different approach and expand on what they have and perhaps include some shoulder yolk/piping as well towards the bottom of the jersey itself?

Even if this is your first concept and you might not be that great at it yet, you still have to attempt to make it like a real jersey. It may not look that good, but you still have to put numbers on the jerseys. You aren't going to get the C&C you want until you finish this concept.

I dont have the Dallas font and I didnt want to apply a font that looks nothing like what Dallas uses so I left numbers out.

And if because I left numbers out means your not going to give me C/C then I dont want it.

As for ZeroSystem, I was going to trying something different but since there current alt. uses the same template as the road and home I thought Id stick with that theme.

beLEAF

Even if this is your first concept and you might not be that great at it yet, you still have to attempt to make it like a real jersey. It may not look that good, but you still have to put numbers on the jerseys. You aren't going to get the C&C you want until you finish this concept.

I dont have the Dallas font and I didnt want to apply a font that looks nothing like what Dallas uses so I left numbers out.

And if because I left numbers out means your not going to give me C/C then I dont want it.

As for ZeroSystem, I was going to trying something different but since there current alt. uses the same template as the road and home I thought Id stick with that theme.

Yes, but this is a concept, and you have to make it as good as possible, and that means adding numbers. It just doesn't look good without numbers, so I think you should add some.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Yes, but this is a concept, and you have to make it as good as possible, and that means adding numbers. It just doesn't look good without numbers, so I think you should add some.

Irony.

As for the concept, this is okay, not great but okay. I'd like to see more green but that's just a personal preference. I wouldn't go with that Texas logo, never really been a big fan of it, I actually think the Stars need a complete rebranding.

As far as first concepts go, nice job.

Irony.

As for the concept, this is okay, not great but okay. I'd like to see more green but that's just a personal preference. I wouldn't go with that Texas logo, never really been a big fan of it, I actually think the Stars need a complete rebranding.

As far as first concepts go, nice job.

Thanks. I love the green in Dallas' scheme but since they limit it I thought I'd go black and gold. I am a huge fan of the texas logo so thats why I put it on the front. I agree with the complete rebrand part. I like the jerseys they have now but they could be better. I wouldnt mind seeing them go with a new logo and colour scheme, but the green, black and gold is unique in today's NHL.

beLEAF

Gold should never be used as a main color on any hockey jersey and that shoulder logo should stay on the shoulder.

A valid first concept, but every Stars fan would hate to see their boys in this design.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Then download the numbers, they are readily available. Otherwise is looks incomplete. Green is the way to go, though. The gold looks putrid. Not your fault but it would not look good on the ice.

I am one of the few that likes the Preds' Mustard shirt for both the colour and the "layered effect" that I find really creative so the colour is not what is losing you points with me.

Personally, I think teh template is too similar to their regular shirts to be an acceptable alternate.

Since the state logo IS their alternate logo, you HAVE to keep it...

I think that since everyone is going retro, the stars should too... get an old North Star white yoke shoulders green (updated to today's green) shirt and slap that D-State logo on it with a few "EDGE accent" and I think it can work...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

I am one of the few that likes the Preds' Mustard shirt for both the colour and the "layered effect" that I find really creative so the colour is not what is losing you points with me.

Personally, I think teh template is too similar to their regular shirts to be an acceptable alternate.

Since the state logo IS their alternate logo, you HAVE to keep it...

I think that since everyone is going retro, the stars should too... get an old North Star white yoke shoulders green (updated to today's green) shirt and slap that D-State logo on it with a few "EDGE accent" and I think it can work...

No, I wouldn't know what to do if I saw the Dallas Stars in a Minnesota North Stars jersey. :cry:

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Archived